Centrifugal Clutch Motors

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Retmachinist, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Retmachinist

Retmachinist New Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the in frame two strokes with the Centrifugal Clutch? I see Livefast Motors has them on their web site for $150. I guess I am wondering about how well they take off from a dead stop. I have used the centrifugal clutch Pocket Bike motors on mini bikes I have built, and they usually needed a little help to get going, and I only weight 160 lbs.
    I had decided not to build any more bikes this winter, but I have a couple really nice Trek Mt. Bikes sitting in storage just waiting to have a motor put on them. Thought I might try something a little different with the Centrifugal clutch motor.

John

2. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

I only have one c-clutch bike. Last season I rode the bike quite a bit. The c-clutch did not come into play much. I could not make the engine idle low enough to disengage and still be dependable.
    This winter I removed some mass from the weights. It now performs like it should. Takes off well and disengages when I slow for a stop.(similar to a std. mini bike). I do not have to peddal.

Attached Files:

#2 Russell, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

My bike is a 26" Scwhinn Delmar cruiser with rear side baskets,tank is on rear rack.
    I have a 48cc Starfire gt2 grubee with pullstart and centrifugal clutch (gasbike).
    My bike takes off from a stop like a rocket and does not need any help.
    The top speed so far is around 31.7mph @ around 180mpg (my idle is set low).
    I am running a stock black cat muffler (holes inside were enlarged a little).
    Air filter is old model; round gold and white open with filter.
    I weigh 120lbs so if you weigh a lot more you might have to peddal a little to get going.
    My engine still starts with the first pull.
    I have around 1,000 miles on it.

44t sprocket with 410 heavyduty bmx chain on engine and peddal sides.

#3 Cabinfever1977, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  4. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

Which gear on the wheel,40,36,50?:confused:

5. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

Im using a 44t sprocket.

6. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

I need to get the conversion for my BGF,guess better put it on a bike and make it run first lol

7. bk_punisher

bk_punisher New Member

mine just came in. i saw a drain screw on the clutch side. any help or advice to what its for?