can i use different fuel like cooking oil in my 48cc two stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
If you had a diesel engine I suppose. Now are you talking about using cooking oil in place of 2 stroke oil? Now why would you want to do that seeing 2 stroke oil is relatively inexpensive?

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Hmmmmm... be neat if we could tho' I'd just pull up to the MaDonald's drive through and say "gimme a large used cooking oil--no ice" :) ;)

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
dude, really? Lets get serious now. if it did work then i still wouldnt do it. No No NO and No again! AMSOIL!

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Actually you can use Caster bean oil. That is about as close as you can get to salad oil. You can still get it at a motorcycle dealer that sells racing oil, there are some that still claim that it is the best oil for the 2 stroke, if you try, run it at 30:1. It is all we would use in our Hodaka's, always had good luck. That was a few moons ago. Have fun, Dave

PS: I love the smell of caster bean oil in the morning, smells like racing.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I have some bean in a spray can, I put it in the Whizzer gas just for the smell, top oil! Grandma used it to clean you out, we needed to stay away from her house when she got in that mood. Rest her soul she meant well. Have fun, Dave

Ascot Park, Saturday night 1/2 mile flat trackers, those were the days, the smell of the bean in the air. Takes me back, Sammy Tanner, Bart Markel my heroes.

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Actually, if you want a real clean burn with out the blue smoke, use the white lightning, Cohlman lamp fuel and Castor oil mix well with no smoke and a very hot fuel mixture. To even add more to it, add an once of 20% R/C Nitro fuel.
It will be like running top fuel methane in your gogo machine. 8-0

Maximo