California Will Ban the Sale of All Small Gas-Powered Engines on Jan. 1, 2024 or When feasible (whichever is later).

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
I just read this article. This includes off-road vehicles, lawn mowers, generators, chain saws, weed trimmers and anything that is not zero emissions. The bureaucrats have 30 million dollars to help gardeners make the transition since battery powered tools cost twice as much. This is terrible news. What the heck.

Reactions: fasteddy

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
If you own 2 wheel off-road motor vehicle, I saw about trail bike news, CA would allow to keep running ones purchase before 2035. The motorized bicycle on street use, I'm not sure of. Looked at where I heard France and Germany would not grandfather in gas trail bikes after 2035.

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Los Angeles banned 2-stroke powered lawn equipment several years ago because of the noise & smell... That didn't stick!
Every gardener in town still uses 2-stroke weed whackers & leaf blowers.

California also banned plastic straws last year... that didn't stick either.

I'm sure this is just another BS law that will go away once they realize it isn't practical.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Los Angeles banned 2-stroke powered lawn equipment several years ago because of the noise & smell... That didn't stick!
Every gardener in town still uses 2-stroke weed whackers & leaf blowers.

California also banned plastic straws last year... that didn't stick either.

I'm sure this is just another BS law that will go away once they realize it isn't practical.
I hope you are right, this is so ridiculous!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This reminds me of R22 refrigerant for HVAC, it’s production ended several years ago, I get emails all the time trying to sell it to us by the pallet. If this kind of ban ever happens here in Georgia I hope I’m too old to be bothered by it.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
It could happen. They decided to go full retard with the forest management for the last 3-4 decades. Now we are at a breaking point with wildfires all over the state. The push for green energy comes at a time when nuclear power plants are being shut down and no new ones are being built. Going electric would be great with the practically free energy we could have.

In SF plastic straws are banned, but they hand out free syringes to drug addicts which end up thrown all over the streets. Yeah those paper straws really are dreadful. Completely ruins the soda.

That’s what you get when you allow lefties to run a state for fifty years...

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
It could happen. They decided to go full retard with the forest management for the last 3-4 decades. Now we are at a breaking point with wildfires all over the state. The push for green energy comes at a time when nuclear power plants are being shut down and no new ones are being built. Going electric would be great with the practically free energy we could have.

In SF plastic straws are banned, but they hand out free syringes to drug addicts which end up thrown all over the streets. Yeah those paper straws really are dreadful. Completely ruins the soda.

That’s what you get when you allow lefties to run a state for fifty years...
I wonder if the Green Dillhole Nazis have ever checked into how much carbon-monoxide, air pollution and particulates their piss-poor forest-management policies have created? Makes all of the jumping through flaming hoops for vehicle emission compliance a moot point, doesn't it?

Reactions: Tyler6357

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I wonder if the Green Dillhole Nazis have ever checked into how much carbon-monoxide, air pollution and particulates their piss-poor forest-management policies have created? Makes all of the jumping through flaming hoops for vehicle emission compliance a moot point, doesn't it?
No, they call it the reason for “climate change” which is something we have to be taxed for to “fix”. But hey somebody voted them in right?

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
It's already three or four decades ago that I remember hearing these old timers saying that the Forest Department was run by bureaucrats, almost all of whom have never spent one night in the forest. They have complete power, previously the forest was run by people who lived in and around the forest all their lives. Back then the old timers said it was the bureaucrats who started this policy of allowing nature to run its coarse with the forest without any outside influence from men or women, i.e. no controlled burning of the forest, they allowed dead trees and grasses to build up year after year to an extent that the forest litter would catch fire easily and supply a dangerous amount of fuel to a fire and they promoted other policies which I can't remember that the old timers back then said it's going to backfire on them by creating huge forest fires in the years to come.

JerryAssburger

Mar 11, 2017
Salem Oregon
..of course, any headline containing the word, "California" immediately sets off my "Clown-Alert" sensor!
What is arguably the most desirable Natural Biome in the United States has been turned into a wasteland by the same clowns who proport to "saving" it.

After digging it up, future societies will definitely use the term, "WTF?" many times in describing this period in history.

Reactions: wrench