Cafe Creme - my Boardtracker project.

GoldenMotor.com

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
I've been following this build thread for over 11 years... Can't wait to finally see it finished.
Absolutely ...............me too !!!

Life got in the way - serious bouts of Chronic Kidney Disease [ finally under control ], a brief flirtation with bowel cancer [ resolved ], several bouts of Covid and a toxic / expensive divorce [ now concluded ! ].

Back in the day [ early 60's ] it would be nothing for me to buy an old BSA B31/33 and and old Triumph [ or engine ] and build a Tribsa up in a week.

OK, put the violins away now my friends - time is running out to get this one finished [ 80 in March ].

Again - a Happy Christmas to you all

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
ew year, new start .........

Welding all completed now, in the end I had to do it myself - lots of promises and no shows from "mates" who said - "yea no problem I'll do that" .....................

Anyway not neat but solid ! I had always intended to blend all the joints with filler and smooth them out - just wish I'd done the welding myself 6 months ago rather than waiting for the experts.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yup I’ve experienced a great deal of no shows this winter, to me those aren’t friends but just some people I know really well. My family however has absolutely shown up and that’s just all I need to know. I got super lucky to have them in my life. You got a beautiful family there yourself.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Yup I’ve experienced a great deal of no shows this winter, to me those aren’t friends but just some people I know really well. My family however has absolutely shown up and that’s just all I need to know. I got super lucky to have them in my life. You got a beautiful family there yourself.
Thanx for the kind words. TJ

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Ketchup time ................. health issues now fully resolved and my girlfriend that I am moving in with in November has bought me a 10' x 6' shed / workshop, the largest she could get in her garden space. Most of my tools and important stuff has been moved over and the Boardtracker tribute bike [ in parts ] is going over tomorrow. The Glemseck KZ750 Cafe Racer will remain at my build buddies [ Brian ] garage where we will continue to work on it.

I'm hoping that once I am fully settled life will continue unabated and I can get back to completing my 2 books.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the pals I have met via this site, for their inspiration, support and friendship ..... means a lot and helped me through the dark patches in my life.

It was my middle daughter's 40th at the weekend and I was fortunate to have all my girls present for a family birthday lunch on Saturday.

On Sunday I went to one of our local parklands to see the new Royal Enfield sculpture ....... pity the forks are back to front and the wrong angle, but the guy's a sculptor, not a motorcyclist !

As I'm sure most of you know Royal Enfield was based in Redditch and was one of the largest employers in the town [ also arms ].

I'm only moving 17 miles away, but these gems are currently on my doorstep, so taking advantage while I can.

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
The final stretch......... the project has now been moved into a 10' x 6' shed along with all my tools and spares etc. Talk about putting a quart in a pint pot !

I will be moving in with my girlfriend at Christmas and the final odd parts to be made will start and after the frame has been finally prepped- paint applied [ Celeste Blue ] the final assembly can begin.

YES, it's taken far too long - but in the interim there's been a toxic [ expensive ] divorce and various serious health issues - resolved for the time being.

Life begins at 80 !!!!!!

Attachments