Votes: 8 24.2%
  • other stain

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Dan, you should just say, "Fordty dolla --- cash money. Me do-a good job."

You'll be surprised at what will happen..............

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL X! I am gonna say 80.

At the birds, Mom an Dad. I make cooing sounds. I turn down the radio playing NPR. Then I think the lil ones avoiding predators, stop chirping when Mom and Dad leave but when I make people sounds, they light up and chirp. Kinda cool and trying to figure out how to make a bird feeder that will help Mom an' Dad feed em. (turns out bologna strips have to much salt or some thing)

Dad Bird is getting really brave at yelling at me. Mom Bird Seems to be getting used to me. The kids seem to not care. Suburbia, lol.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Got back from a ride/picnic thing and go to put the bike in the shop. One of the lil chirpers is on the floor and I think he fell out of the box/nest. I'm thinking she/he fell out and is in trouble. So I get some bird seed and a bowl of water and put them below the nest. We chirp back and forth for a while. The thing flies up to a window and hangs on the screen. Then one of the siblings does the same. LOL. Now the baby chirpers are flying in and out and chirping at me like they are telling me a story. Is kinda cool but the sun is going down and they are still out. I told them both to come home when the street lights came on!

dang kids

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is there a bird curfew in Moosylvania?

Careful. The next thing you know they'll be moving in with you.
Warning: Birds and cats don't mix well.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, Tom.

Really did make me laugh. The squirrels outside can chase Stewie DeCat from the window. He is a bapper. Not exactly a scrapper.

Gonna leave the doors to the shop open for the night.

I got a cowardly lion for a cat. A 70 pound Aussie shepherd that thinks she is a 7 LBS poodle and 2 wayward fledglings. sheesh

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tom, was just thinking about this and wondering if it is an East coast thing. As a kid, my parents and grand mother always said "Come home when the street lights come on" They came on as it was getting dark and every kid knew to go home.

I guess they could have just told us to be home before dark but then again we had some sort of delinquency to finish.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Love the video. It inspired me to go take a picture of Happy.

1976.36 miles and he's still smiling. He's been a permanent fixture on the old Norton Schwinn for a long time. He never seems to tire of sitting there on the handlebars with wind in his face.

I love to watch his helmet straps flap in the wind when I ride. Makes me giggle and think of Dan every time.

Tom

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan I just watched the "Happy" video, are you telling us that you've got those kinda moves?

LOL, Greg. I am not sure what kind of movies you mean, exactly. But am sure the answer is yes.

Love the video. It inspired me to go take a picture of Happy.

1976.36 miles and he's still smiling. He's been a permanent fixture on the old Norton Schwinn for a long time. He never seems to tire of sitting there on the handlebars with wind in his face.

I love to watch his helmet straps flap in the wind when I ride. Makes me giggle and think of Dan every time.

Tom
Swear to Good, Tom. Getting ready for a ride/picnic thing we had last Sunday. I broke out my daily rider that I haven't ridden in so long the carb was actually coated in varnish, inside. But the 2 flat tires had "Happy" stem caps. Is probably kinda dumb but they are very important to me. I thought I should write you and say thanks again. But was one of those
WTH do I say?"

I know I told you this but 3 street kids in Hartford were trying to mug me. One was trying to grab them. Turned into a fight with rock throwing.

As possessions, a huge deal. LOL, I never know what to say but seem to type a lot.

Did you notice, Happy's goggles develop a yellow tint? His little goggles actually have plastic in them and reacts to sun exposure. Always thought it a great touch and almost artful.

I just found Happy Travels. We should start that again. I am over the first one being stolen. (sort of, lol)

r.ly.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL! Greg, I broke my glasses a month ago and for the life of me, could not figure out your question. (thinking it was movies)

My bad and so sorry.

Putting that MB back together last weekend, was all by brail and you should have seen me trying to lead a bunch of folks on the ride. I almost rear ended a parked car.

Sorry Buddy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have probably eight pairs of glasses, mine are by focal only. No prescription in the upper part. I also have a set of readers in the shop my wife calls " Mr Ed glasses " they are so big. I use them when reloading ammo, I told her look was secondary not making a mistake was first.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ha, ha on the Mr. Ed glasses. I remember that.

I have a pair of 250s on my work bench for 'those little things' that are hard to see with my regular 125s that I use to read with. They're big honkers too. About 2.5 inches diameter. Never, never get up and walk around with them still on. I bumped my old bad knee on Char's car a couple of weeks ago because I misjudged the distance.

Greg, tell your lady she gave me a giggle with the Mr. Ed reference. I used to love that show and my Dad, being a horse trainer, liked it too. And Wilber's wife wasn't hard to look at either. :)

Soory Dan. This thread gets highjacked so often but you're probably used to it by now. And I still have my Happy valve stem caps. They're on the same bike that Happy rides. I like telling people the story about the origins of Happy and his brother's adventures.

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No worries, Tom.

All the best threads meander and seldom if ever stay on topic.

I am pretty sure on this but the early internet was on dial-up and meant for scientists and the military. So they got "bumped off/timed out" a lot. So they had to stay "on topic" and talk fast. I enjoy the heck out of the conversation. Honestly, one of the first threads I read here was Norm talking about a carb. And that turned in to a bunch of pictures of pets. Just knew I was home.

Carry On!

"head Lines" in news papers come from the copper telegraph lines failing a lot. So had to make the point quick, before it got cut off.

Wut? comes up on Jeopardy a lot.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Left the door open for 3 days and the chirpers never came home.
Kinda nice to be alone and with out em. Can work with out the kids makin sqwaks.

Looking at the empty nest kinda sucks. But am sure they are all good.

They could at least give me a flyby but hey

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Got the arbor press out to the shop. And have yet to make a shelf for it. Just realized I have been building this shop for over 2 years. 2 funny.

The press is huge and must weigh 60 LBS. But really stout. Like it big time and glad I went with the 2 ton.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had to upend the ram and read the directions. And it weighs 64 LBS. Called it!

Glad I did. When in doubt, read the directions.

As shipped, the ram was directed to drive a punch. (Had a hole in one end to locate and hold a punch)
My only need so far is to push a keyway broach.

Would have ended badly. "when in doubt....." lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cut (w/ a scrowl saw) holes for windows, badly but now have 3 windows w/ screens. Ripped some scrap lumber to make window trim to try and hide the hatchet job I did on the rectangles that are now windows. Just looked bad. Broke out the handydandy router table. Available from Harbor freight at the mere price of $99 less coupon.

What a difference! Alls I did was round the edges of the trim but went from 1800s throw together barn to 2000 ish thrown together shop.

Really tiny detail and made a world of difference. Gonna take down all the corner boards and do the same thing. Is amazing how this very tiny detail completely changes the entire look.

Also put screen in the eves. The other night I had 12 mosquito bites in my left hand. (I just counted the red marks and scabs) The rest of me was not much better. I gotta build that bat house.

Cleaned out the bird's nest. Really was kinda sad. I miss em. But is nice to make noise and not bother lil folk.

Think they would stop by? maybe a quick note? Nope, bupkis!