"Bomber" Bike...

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The gas money you save,plus there awsome fun to ride, more than covers the price. There is tons of people paying up to two, and three thousand. Thats with no motor. You do get what you pay for somtimes. I run higher quility Hubs On my personel stuff, but thats me I way in at 240 lb. Do not feel guilty to charge the right price!

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Venice Boy: You built yourself some nice rides. I built one for a neighbor that was basically the same as mine except for some upgrades and I didn't want to let it go. I guess I just like collecting.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yeah, I know what it's like being addicted to collecting toys!
Chevys, Volkswagens, Harleys, Schwinns, R/C cars, guitars, old punk & metal albums...
I'VE GOT IT ALL!!! HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!! *evil laughing, axe grinding*

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a little update on the Bomber...
The guy who bought it, spray painted the whole bike flat black & also cracked the frame from "riding it really hard".
He lives in Malibu, so the bike is looking real dirty & crusty now...
It still runs really good & is crazy fast!!!

I was able to weld the crack without any problems; but this is the first bike to crack where I drilled through the frame to mount the engine.
I think I'm going to start re-thinking drilling the frames on the bikes.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, the through the frame mount is definitely not the shizzy.

I've heard of a few lately that are cracking/breaking. A hole should never be drilled on a load axis of tube, it's going to break sooner than later.

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Hey fellas... heres a pic of my personal bike that I call "The Bomber", because it's army green, rusty & real fast!
It's a 1970 Schwinn, it has a PK-80 engine, 36T sprocket, upgraded plug, wire & boot, I port matched the intake & exaust ports, I removed the exaust baffle (YES! it added a lot of power!) & I added a K&N style air filter.
My next mod will be to figure out how to beef up the ignition system!

So far, I've built seven bikes, & this one is the fastest!

Hey V.B. I saw just what you needed the other night for that bike. Bomber Decals for the gas tank. I saw them on a site the other night when I was searching for decals for my winter build. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the link.
I like the bike!
John

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey V.B. I saw just what you needed the other night for that bike. Bomber Decals for the gas tank. I saw them on a site the other night when I was searching for decals for my winter build. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the link.
I like the bike!
John
This bike is sold now... I only have it in my possession to fix a crack in the frame.
But I'd still like to see the link!

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia
If you guys are going to drill through the frame for a bolt I suggest you drill a hole large enough and weld a tube through the frame for the bolt to pass through.