BoFab Cycles Schwinn Gp50..Morini clone!

GoldenMotor.com

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Yea. I like that one too. M curious about the engine fitting in that though. It looks like you have less room height wise than my schwinn and will have to stuff the spark plug between the rails like I did. Also the width of the engine may be a prob on that bike. The wider crank set will widen the space between the crank arms but won't move the chainring. Still may be an issue for ya. And I would get a 60 tooth rear or bigger or that bike would suck to ride with this engine.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes, I wouldnt use the chain guard, its ugly and gain maybe a little more space without it but the main problem I see right now is the front frame tube that seem to be very thick for the engine mount, but I'm sure thats not a big problem.

I actually want to use a very small sprocket for the rear. I already ordered a 34 that I want to test with the 80cc now and later use with the KTM50 engine and hopefully even smaller. Is the length of the chain a problem or why you say it?

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
If I compare it to mine now I dont even think the cranks would be such a big problem. In that area would be the exhaust only and I think wide cranks would be ok. I really want to order this one. Love the frame.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Well guy. Looks like you're headed for failure if you think you will use a 36 or smaller in the rear. It won't work trust me. I have built manny bikes and have a lot of experience. You really should take my advice. And I'm not sure why you are talking about the chain guard. That's the least of the problems for a gp50 build. And I am referring to the Moroni clone when I respond to questions in this thread. Whole different coversation when talking about the Chinese bicycle kits 50cc or 66,68, or 80cc. But their is no actual 80cc. They call it that but its66 and the newer engines with the larger diameter front mount is actually 68.5
I think you should do a lot more research on building one of these then get some parts in you're hands so you're not guessing on sizes.

Last edited:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I know those are 66cc but they are also called 80cc. I think its more confusing to say 66cc. Anyways, thats not important. Why do you think a smaller sprocket wont work exactly?

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I have built up Turbo engines/cars myself from pieces, I will be able to install a little fart 1 cylinder on a bike frame even without much experience. I already build up the current bike 10 times better with engine angle and some modifications than how I got it and it was easy as pie to take it apart and back together. Still doesn't mean Im not ready to take some advice to get new ideas and avoid problems before I start.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Bike has been great! Lots of fun to ride. Much better sound. Sounds more sporty than a china motor. Other motor bikers drool over it and it runs circles around them!!!! Up hill is a hoot. You can feel it pull hard under load. Flys past a china up hills and a bit better than a stock ez motorbike 4stroke kit.. Only down side is it is a bit slower off the line but with a good clutch set up and warm fluid You can still keep in the front of the pack in traffic with cars.

This is a video of the bike in traffic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxqvuNDCvew

Not bad. Good motor but a real morini has a more powerfull power band by far!! I have built 4total clone bikes now and they all rock!exhaust is key. Get the pipe from Dax. It's tuned for this motor!!

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I'm very jealous of your bike. It's such a looker, the fork in the front really brings it out. The ride looks like a lot of fun. One of these days I want to make a bike like yours. Either with the clone or one of those dirt bike 4 strokes with the internal transmissions. Or even better, hopefully morini comes back so spare parts will exist again for them

Last edited:

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Thanks! Its a great ride I can help if you are going to build one just dont have much time to log in to this site all the time. Let me know...
Im planning on a bike with the 140 or 150cc lifan motor. I would love to shift also!! I have to build a frame without a bottom tube like my 1965 cb160 is kind of.. Probly end up in a cafe style. I bought an old bronco mini bike 3 speed transmission to use on a bike but it's pretty wide. Waste of $500. But I'm building a stretched chopper type of rig with it. I hate these bikes cause I can't stop thinking of different bikes to build. It's so addicting. But fun and semi profitable.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Good to hear you are still enjoying the clone motor. I might have to get one and try it out some time? After so much time, ''fun time'' and dialing in my Morini flawlessly it feels about time for another project.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I'd love some help, but probably won't be building another bike for a while. I got to finish my car first! I'll be very glad to get back into bikes though.. I could have made an incredible bike with how much I've had to spend on car parts.
I was thinking of sticking to a 50cc dirt bike engine to stay legal if cops ask questions and because it's surely smaller than the bigger ones. I'd prefer to fit it without major modification to the frame of a bike though. Those lifan motors do sounds pretty meaty though which is so tempting.

gingaw

Nov 18, 2009
Texas
Bought the "9 hp" 2-stoke engine from Bikeberry for the 50cc drag races (200 foot track) and top speed (dynamometer) competition in Kentucky over the Memorial Day weekend.
I absolutely ate the competitors alive! These engines yield awesome performance but are painfully loud with the expansion chamber attached.
What's even more amazing is that I did not change sprocket ratios for both races. I'm convinced the bike would have gone 70 MPH (accurate dynamometer) if changed from drag to top speed.
Ron

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Hay guys.... i just ordered somr parts from thats dax and my bike is on his site add for the gp50 Thats Rad!!! still ripping the **** out of it. on my 3rd rear wheel..lol