Bike34 says Hi from Minn

GoldenMotor.com

bike34

Apr 8, 2008
I purchased a gebe kit with tanaka 32cc some time ago and am having trouble when going up a slight hill and a headwind slowing down to 14-15 mph. Does anyone have any experience with a tanaka power pipe?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi bike34 and welcome to the forum. i don't have any experience with the tanka but i am sure someone here will be able to help you. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you are losing power on the hills and you have a tuned pipe, it's tuned wrong. I believe the solution is to lengthen the header pipe. Try getting some high temp silicone tubing from a hobby shop- they make it in a lot of sizes, some of the model engines are WAY bigger than these bike engines.

I have a tiny little Tanaka engine, but no tuned pipe. I can stay at around 15-18 mph on a hill, unless it's a really steep hill.

Oh yeah, WELCOME!

bike34

Apr 8, 2008
after reading many of the replies in the bike forum I found that most of the bike tires were 26 inches and i measured mine and they were 28 in. I ordered a #12 gear and found that that is lowered the top end to about 44kph (26.4mph) . Today even with a twenty mph head wind I had no trouble.