Bike is only firing with choke up !

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
i have a 80cc 2 stroke. I ride it regularly. just after riding it, i went inside for a few hours and came out to start it. It only fires with the choke up, as soon as flick it down its just cranking and not firing, when i give it the throttle with the choke down it changes tone quite a bit but doesnt fire . I was first drawn to a carb problem,i checked for spark with placing it on head,and it sparked. The carb was clean, i blew through each jet,and theres nothing obstructing. I changed the spark plug, wire, and soldered connections, could it be spark ? too much resistance,e.g it fires outside, but not inside. i cant get my head around it, within a few hours it can develop a problem like this, fires quite nice with the choke up. ANY SOLUTIONS ?

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
i ensured the carb and the manifold were tight, where the exhaust mounts, theres a small gap due to the frame,not sure that it matters. i recently took the head off, ensured that the head bolts are tightened down.

Testname111

May 20, 2021
To much oil in you're gas, dump some from tank and line, add more gas......I use 50/50 mix synthetic car oil and vegetable oil

Testname111

May 20, 2021
If all fails with the carb try new electrical system from bikeberry.com super magneto and stage 1 cdi ( the cheap China ones suck and China cdi)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Most petcocks have a reserve like motorcycles do, there should be two openings on the petcock with one tube taller than the other.