Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

GoldenMotor.com

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Down already, LOL.
Snowed of and on all day yesterday, about 37 degrees, go about a 1" as of now this morn. Sorta split between two belts, over 2' north by Fargo, ND, comes here and goes up. The other belt goes south around Mpls. and over towards you and Tom, crazy but happens a lot. I think it has to do something with the great lakes. Ours will melt in a day or 2, but the rest i think will be here to stay. NOT READY..........Curt
Sorry to hear about your temps and snow! :eek: That's a real freezing dampener on biking and being outside. Tom's been getting
walloped all Summer with rain and my Dad always said, "It Rains on the Concrete!" The rain likes to head over the big lakes.

A friend and I have been looking at unvented propane heaters since I need another one here. I bought a 6k btu heater a few
years back and it has a single ceramic block in it and it's too small. I've got a 30K btu going in the basement and another in
the kitchen and both of them put out btu's! We put a new Carrier furnace in here several years back and it is one of the high
efficiency furnaces and the unvented ones run circles around it in costs and heating comfort. I've never had to run the two
heaters to full output of 30k btu's and they have thermostats on them and I suspect the settings are around 12k-15k in the
Winter. If you guys are thinking about those heaters make sure they are thermostatically controlled the 6K one is all manual
and it would only be good for a bathroom. I've got a infrared electric Comfort Glow and it will run circles around the 6k even
on low setting! Well, so much for goodies for the bike now and the weather is going in a Global Warming Phase! LOLs if
you believe that? :rolleyes: Better get them Thermal Undies on and get ready for the big chill fellas, better yet snuggle up to the
Wife or Girfriend!
Dennis

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have natural gas, so have a small overhead furnace in my shop ( found out what my neighbor paid ). so put one in, no more wood for this old fart. My shop is 20' x 24'- 6" walls, so it's on all winter.
It is suppose to be in the 40's all next week so hope to finish up outside and put the rest of away, for the winter, snow blower is all ready......Curt

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
I have natural gas, so have a small overhead furnace in my shop ( found out what my neighbor paid ). so put one in, no more wood for this old fart. My shop is 20' x 24'- 6" walls, so it's on all winter.
It is suppose to be in the 40's all next week so hope to finish up outside and put the rest of away, for the winter, snow blower is all ready......Curt
Curt, are you serious about getting ready for Winter? LOLs, I guess your ready for Winter this year and next year! (^)
I wish I had a garage half the size of that and you probably need that tractor to move the snow in the area. I hope
we don't get a snow storm that is too much for my neighbors big John Deere tractor. We haven't had any of the old
fashion snow storms of yesteryear like my Mother talked about. She talked about walking a mile to school in snow
that was as high as the Hedge trees and they walked over the tops of them which in this are would be about 15 ft.
Not many of the good ole Hedge tree rows the ole farmers planted to block the wind and erosion. Farmers in this
area and most areas don't remember the "Oklahoma Dust Bowl" and what caused it and saying it can't happen
here and say "who cares" I won't be alive when it happens. These farming practices are a sore subject with me
since they (farmers) are caretakers of the land. I'm old enough to remember what it was like years ago on the farm
where 150-300 acres was a lot to farm and a good living could be made from farming without using herbicides,
pesticides and huge equipment to farm 1k to 5k+ acres of land.
Dennis

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
The plight of not only farmers but to all who choose to live in rural areas which lack population so they are under represented. Cities make the rules & we in the wilderness just follow them, but I still prefer the country life over the cities, I've lived in both...if you can call metro dwelling living. Existing is a better term perhaps.

Rick C.
Rick, this farming is way too BIG, since greed has taken over and lack of respect for the land by raping it for profit.
Dennis

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Long johns on, snow in the mix tonight. Craigslist if finally got wood sellers with split wood stored in sheds for sale and I wrote a couple numbers down the choice will be delivery cost.The two year old Drolet Canadian woodstove that has proved itself a fussy feeder I suppose because they are very efficient and when it likes the wood and the top of the woodstove can be used as a cookstove which I do.
My 24'x24' shop with sided and insulated and sided with steel siding has a long in the tooth Modine gas furnace, and it had a bigger Drolet woodstove which would sweat you out in the dead of winter but we changed insurance to lower our rates Acuity, but the inspector nixed the shop wood stove. Wisconsin has a law on the books forbidding unattended woodstoves.
I took that mighty fine wood stove to a retired Dairy Farmer friend and he heats a 32x32 attached and insulated garage.to where him and his family can go stocking foot all winter long.
There will be a new Modine Hotdog furnace next Spring I hope as the old Modine heat exchangers are starting to corrode. I suppose the smartest thing is to hire pro's to do it.
I live in Dodge county Wi so if a pro does work here but if I do it like erecting the Menards Versa Tube car shed in 2015 for my wifes 2014 Ford Focus SE the county has not yet taken exception.
I may have to make a miserable ride on the Sportsman Flyer just because it is it's reawakening and
re-engineering.
I am currently as of yesterday working on a Word Doc to update the adventure and hoping Pat doesn't mind my starting something of a builder manual.
Tom.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Long johns on, snow in the mix tonight. Craigslist if finally got wood sellers with split wood stored in sheds for sale and I wrote a couple numbers down the choice will be delivery cost.The two year old Drolet Canadian woodstove that has proved itself a fussy feeder I suppose because they are very efficient and when it likes the wood and the top of the woodstove can be used as a cookstove which I do.
My 24'x24' shop with sided and insulated and sided with steel siding has a long in the tooth Modine gas furnace, and it had a bigger Drolet woodstove which would sweat you out in the dead of winter but we changed insurance to lower our rates Acuity, but the inspector nixed the shop wood stove. Wisconsin has a law on the books forbidding unattended woodstoves.
I took that mighty fine wood stove to a retired Dairy Farmer friend and he heats a 32x32 attached and insulated garage.to where him and his family can go stocking foot all winter long.
There will be a new Modine Hotdog furnace next Spring I hope as the old Modine heat exchangers are starting to corrode. I suppose the smartest thing is to hire pro's to do it.
I live in Dodge county Wi so if a pro does work here but if I do it like erecting the Menards Versa Tube car shed in 2015 for my wifes 2014 Ford Focus SE the county has not yet taken exception.
I may have to make a miserable ride on the Sportsman Flyer just because it is it's reawakening and
re-engineering.
I am currently as of yesterday working on a Word Doc to update the adventure and hoping Pat doesn't mind my starting something of a builder manual.
Tom.
Nice size, wanted that but city would not alow anything over 1,000 sf. So 24 x 40 split in the center. Had wood stove home made, but go tired of waiting to warm up, and cutting wood...Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Curt, are you serious about getting ready for Winter? LOLs, I guess your ready for Winter this year and next year! (^)
I wish I had a garage half the size of that and you probably need that tractor to move the snow in the area. I hope
we don't get a snow storm that is too much for my neighbors big John Deere tractor. We haven't had any of the old
fashion snow storms of yesteryear like my Mother talked about. She talked about walking a mile to school in snow
that was as high as the Hedge trees and they walked over the tops of them which in this are would be about 15 ft.
Not many of the good ole Hedge tree rows the ole farmers planted to block the wind and erosion. Farmers in this
area and most areas don't remember the "Oklahoma Dust Bowl" and what caused it and saying it can't happen
here and say "who cares" I won't be alive when it happens. These farming practices are a sore subject with me
since they (farmers) are caretakers of the land. I'm old enough to remember what it was like years ago on the farm
where 150-300 acres was a lot to farm and a good living could be made from farming without using herbicides,
pesticides and huge equipment to farm 1k to 5k+ acres of land.
Dennis
Yep have had it for a few years it's 79 model 14 hp single Kohler, hydro drive. Different for hydro-static, separate hydro motor goes into a hi/low speed rear end, 8:00 by 16 tires. Make it fun blowing snow, do 3 or 4 drive ways all in less then a hour. One thing to do before winter really gets here is new front tires, them low ribbed one don't steer to well.
That is a morf blower half John deer and half case. Found a deer blow housing and auger, mated the case controls to it, a bit wide then the case one the controls come off of. Wanted to extend the shut so blow higher over the banks, next year. LOL......Curt
PS got rain with the snow this afternoon, so ground is green, suppose to keep it up all night, but rain quit, just snow. Back up in the 40's and 50's next week, if you can bereave the false prophets.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
First freeze 32 degees for a couple of hours, not a killing freeze, Friday night. The significance of this is it was 25 days sooner than our average first freeze here in Oklahoma, looks to be straight from summer to winter here and just skip fall weather altogether.

Natural gas here is the only heat that makes dollars and sense! Even though it's also quite clean.

Rick C.

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
re-engineering.
Tom.
Keep your money Tom and switch over to Debian Linux it has everything you would ever need like LibreOffice. I left Windows
year ago because of the addon software, trogans, viruses and the keyloggers. I haven't regretted it since, Oh yes, it's was a pain
to get use to and learn but it is a true multitasking-environment. I can have the same browser open in separate memory pages.
Windows 10 sucks if a memory page which is not independent from a page---->crash time. Try shutting the power off of the
system in Windows (all Windows OSs) and see what happens when you do a restart! Linux never gives you problems like that
and as frugal as I am I will never use a Windows OS on the internet I learned my lesson years ago! I have spent thousands in
Windows application software, compilers and addon applications for Windows and seen where they were headed when I was
in computer programming classes at ISU.
Dennis

Last edited:

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Yep have had it for a few years it's 79 model 14 hp single Kohler, hydro drive. Different for hydro-static, separate hydro motor goes into a hi/low speed rear end, 8:00 by 16 tires. Make it fun blowing snow, do 3 or 4 drive ways all in less then a hour. One thing to do before winter really gets here is new front tires, them low ribbed one don't steer to well.
That is a morf blower half John deer and half case. Found a deer blow housing and auger, mated the case controls to it, a bit wide then the case one the controls come off of. Wanted to extend the shut so blow higher over the banks, next year. LOL......Curt
PS got rain with the snow this afternoon, so ground is green, suppose to keep it up all night, but rain quit, just snow. Back up in the 40's and 50's next week, if you can bereave the false prophets.
You Ole Rascal! I don't have squat over here and MAYBE, the business next door feels sorry for me since the fella
is an old friend, he bitches to his son to get the JD going on my driveway too. I try to supply them with Kcream Doughnuts
in the Fall and Winter months since I'm an ole F.rth with no low income and VA disability to survive on. The old saying,
"it takes a community to take care of those disadvantaged financially." I went from a middle-class to a peasant class
and know how to budget my income monthly. The GOV has big problems, they know less then we the bunch in flyover
how to meet a budget. The problem is, it's easy to spend money if you don't own it, since it's only the peasants money!
I had to get that out since it's p..sey me off what is happening in the Country.
Time to wakeup!
Dennis

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
First freeze 32 degees for a couple of hours, not a killing freeze, Friday night. The significance of this is it was 25 days sooner than our average first freeze here in Oklahoma, looks to be straight from summer to winter here and just skip fall weather altogether.

Natural gas here is the only heat that makes dollars and sense! Even though it's also quite clean.

Rick C.
Rick, KILL THE GRASS ! I am so tired of mowing theses acres with a piddly lawn tractor and I don't
fault it, it wasn't made to mow ACRES of lawn. If I mow again it will be the 18th time I have had to
mow this lawn. I've got some maple trees I am starting in the windows this Winter the buggers
might be a pain to mow around but in the long run they will give shade and a good place for the
birds to nest! Can't forever leave them out!
Dennis

Last edited:

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
re-engineering.
Tom.
Youngster, I've been wearing them for a month! Rascal, you haven't been probably ridding miles like I have but you
have more obligations than I do so say a thanks to the Miss's for tolerating your hobby exploits.
Dennis

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Dennis many years ago my neighbor gave me a load up disc for Linux and there are times when a person like myself who never loses patience with inanimate objects does so and it is fair to say I probably didn't try enough to get accustomed to the Linux OS. McAfee has bee my friend.
" I need to live in an old log cabin to get back to a real life style"
Yeah and busting ice on the crick to draw water. It was a time of true equality when a bacteria or virus struck down both the mighty and the meek that are so romanticized now days.
"Time to wakeup!"
Dennis, I can't disagree about how we are getting in deep to Chinese bankers. I may be bad. but I wish Dick Cheney to not get a GET OUY of HADES' CARD.
Oh well! Took the Misses to late breakfast at our fovorite diner in Lomira, Wi. and then did a scenic ride to West Bend for 40# of sunflower seed for our wildlife including turkeys.
The rest of the afternoon was devoted to "Catch em alive Jack".
When he said "Here goes nothing" it was something.

Tom

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Dennis,
When I took on this motored bike thing Mona just let loose of the reins. But I was a 36 year old bachelor and she had been through two marriages whit two teen age sons and is 5 years older than me when we met. I have always held all the cards in a kindly fashion. We have been a team for thirty two +.years.
Her sons call me Dad. I was a pretty well set guy when I took Mona on. I was her landlord as I was in a partnership of a 36 unit apartment complex in Aurora, ILL.
Tom

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Dennis many years ago my neighbor gave me a load up disc for Linux and there are times when a person like myself who never loses patience with inanimate objects does so and it is fair to say I probably didn't try enough to get accustomed to the Linux OS. McAfee has bee my friend.
Yeah and busting ice on the crick to draw water. It was a time of true equality when a bacteria or virus struck down both the mighty and the meek that are so romanticized now days.
"Time to wakeup!"
Dennis, I can't disagree about how we are getting in deep to Chinese bankers. I may be bad. but I wish Dick Cheney to not get a GET OUY of **** CARD.
Oh well! Took the Misses to late breakfast at our fovorite diner in Lomira, Wi. and then did a scenic ride to West Bend for 40# of sunflower seed for our wildlife including turkeys.

Tom

I don't think anyone can read these books and not marvel at how life has changed since the days they relate to.. If Jack had lived in this day and age and done and allowed the things he permitted he would be serving life without the possibility of parole for child abuse, neglect and cruelty to wildlife...plus reckless endangerment. Rather than rise to become the top law enforcement officer in the Territory and friend of the President. Our current puffball society and its related political correctness has emasculated the men of "civilized nations". The old west of my forefathers was a time when men were men and women were dang sure proud of them as opposed to the current norm that our young folks have of being confused about what they are & in anguish over any small slight on Facebook. These kids run from every problem and take drugs to alter reality rather than deal with it. Nothing is their fault, no sense of responsibility or work ethic and expect every problem they should face to be handled by the government or their parents or somebody; because they deserve it and the respect of all others. They truly believe they should start at the top of a company after they drop out of school, because they exist and are entitled to it.

Thank God there is a remnant in each generation that refuses to believe such crap even though it is taught in schools and promoted in government and shamefully most family's or the broken remnants of family groups buy into the same bull. A few of the good ones somehow survive and prosper despite the difficulties of doing so.

Rick C.

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
"Time to wakeup!"
Dennis, I can't disagree about how we are getting in deep to Chinese bankers. I may be bad. but I wish Dick Cheney to not get a GET OUY of HADES' CARD.

Tom

Well, we have been busy with crops and the temps are down with that nasty wind. I took off a few hours to see what's been
going on. Managed to get a unvented heater in a room and took out a 6K ceramic block that is practically brandnew which
just wasn't getting the heating done. I got a 10K unit which heats the air with a blue flame and it is keeping up so far.
This wind out here in the flatlands makes the heating bill go up. We have a few turkeys running around this area which
were transplants and it's a shame the pheasant population is just about non-existent since the GOV transplanted those darn
coyotes to this State. The Cottontail Rabbits have all moved to the city because of those varmints. There use to be a lot of
rabbit and pheasant hunting years ago and now you would be lucky to see a hunter. Got to go, take care up there in cold
country!
Dennis

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
I don't think anyone can read these books and not marvel at how life has changed since the days they relate to.. If Jack had lived in this day and age and done and allowed the things he permitted he would be serving life without the possibility of parole for child abuse, neglect and cruelty to wildlife...plus reckless endangerment. Rather than rise to become the top law enforcement officer in the Territory and friend of the President. Our current puffball society and its related political correctness has emasculated the men of "civilized nations". The old west of my forefathers was a time when men were men and women were dang sure proud of them as opposed to the current norm that our young folks have of being confused about what they are & in anguish over any small slight on Facebook. These kids run from every problem and take drugs to alter reality rather than deal with it. Nothing is their fault, no sense of responsibility or work ethic and expect every problem they should face to be handled by the government or their parents or somebody; because they deserve it and the respect of all others. They truly believe they should start at the top of a company after they drop out of school, because they exist and are entitled to it.

Thank God there is a remnant in each generation that refuses to believe such crap even though it is taught in schools and promoted in government and shamefully most family's or the broken remnants of family groups buy into the same bull. A few of the good ones somehow survive and prosper despite the difficulties of doing so.

Rick C.
AMEN, I agree with you Rick. We get in a major world war and I don't know what can be done. These schools are the biggest problem
with those Marxist teachers. Some people see clearly what's going on and the rest are just "Sheeple" and follow the herd.
Dennis

Rick C.
I've heated with kerosene and it's not clean burning. Fuel oil in a good furnace puts out a lot of heat. My Dad use to heat the shop
with a big old cast iron coal furnace and I've seen the sides of it almost yellow hot. We've already had several frosts here and like
you said, "from summer to winter" I'm afraid how it's going.
Dennis