Big Black Jack

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I think people kind of silently laugh when I suggest going to a thrift store for odds & ends parts or parts potential like a dog collar for rear tank straps, a serving plate for a faux crank case, candy tins for lights exc.exc.exc.and I think it's those with no vision that laugh the hardest, but look what I found today, a water faucet cup dispenser and today was 1/2 price.
I can get either 2 oil boxes(one with window and one with top) or a back bone tool box, if cut right I could even get a rear tail light box frame, the shape is so right for either so get some vision and check out some vintage bikes,hopefully you'll see what I mean???

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hopefully! sometime? next week I'll break the Big one down for powder coating I've been really busy trying to get my Dads 1945 Bungilow house together so combine that with a travel distance of 200 miles away and did I mention I'm really tired too>

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Some pic's to gaze upon,I thought I'd have more time to work on the Big One this comming week but very little as AGAIN! I'll be heading out of town, never fear as soon as I start a bike things get busy!

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I feel like I'm letting everyone down with the slow going progress of this build, started off good and I'll be back at it soon!!
check out the rear shock and shaft drive on the Pierce

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Man one more week and I can get back to the jack,can't waite and I still have a hook up for a 1940 J.C. Higgins Frame & Crank for $45.oo I was thinking about getting it and restoring it just as a bicycle?, still debating on that.
A few weeks ago while I was at my Dads house he introduced me to a guy with a garage full of antique bicycle but a lone Ivers Johnson sat out in the rain with no front wheel,looked it up after the guy didn't except a $100.oo bill and come to find out it's a 1934 Super Deluxe MotoBike but the guy knows nothing about it,didn't even mention it when we saw him in town a few days later and he said he bought it for yard art,WHAT!!!!! YARD ART this bike is a GREAT candidate for a resto and would be worth about $10,000.oo Man I want that bike. this bike at auction has a reserve of $10,000.oo notice the top bar angles down toward the front of the head tube. that's what makes it rare.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is a nice pic of a Shaw and a few others.
Sorry! for the delays I didn't intend for this build to drag out this long but I promise to get on it soon!

Attachments

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
That's the find of a life-time. It's actually 18th century, Queen Victoria’s urinal. The good lady couldn't be bothered to get up at night, you know. Probably should be in a museum in Danbury.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yah ! now it will be repurposed, I have a bracket from a reflector off another bike that will get mounted to the top of the truss rod on the forks, hopefully I'll be able to get a Delta battery canister and use some vintage cotton rapped elec. wiring from there to the light, maybe some aluminum tubing to give the look of an oil or carbide lamp.
I'll cut the stand & handle off. I like the Victorian look it gives the bike, I was also thinking about painting the body of the light black and leave the engraving polished.
Here is a bike with some beautiful tin engraving

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Way to go Cat!
How about putting the stand on the bottom and find a small bowel shaped cup to fit the stand bottom?