Best 142f kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Joshua J Kelly

Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys I am brand new to building a motor bicycle. I looking at the 142f kits but there are a lot on the market it seems like.

Could someone point me in the direction of a good, long lastimg kit? I am looking for something that will last for years with about a 8 mile daily commute. I see fourms mentioning different transmissions, is there one better than the other?

I am also looking for a free spoiling drive gear so I can keep the original pedaling.

This is going on either my Scott aluminum frame mountain bike or my Raleigh aluminum frame mountain bike

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Welcome Joshua,
Look no farther than the forum sponsor Bicycle-Engines.com Likely the least worrisome. Best trans missions, engines, and exhaust pipes. Mountain bikes don't lend themselves to 4cycle engines though.
2cycle China Girls do being an overall smaller package.
My neighbor had to go the China Girl route for that reason.

Joshua J Kelly

Feb 17, 2019
Welcome Joshua,
Look no farther than the forum sponsor Bicycle-Engines.com Likely the least worrisome. Best trans missions, engines, and exhaust pipes. Mountain bikes don't lend themselves to 4cycle engines though.
2cycle China Girls do being an overall smaller package.
My neighbor had to go the China Girl route for that reason.
Thank you for the quick reply!!
So something like this might be a better option?
https://www.bicycle-engines.com/new-zeda-80-complete-80cc-bicycle-engine-kit-firestorm-edition/
How does it compare in power to the 4 stoke kits?

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Thank you for the quick reply!!
So something like this might be a better option?
https://www.bicycle-engines.com/new-zeda-80-complete-80cc-bicycle-engine-kit-firestorm-edition/
How does it compare in power to the 4 stoke kits?
Joshua,
I'm not a 2cycle guy except in antique outboard boat engines. That said, the bicycle engine has a good reputation. Performance? Their 80cc should go faster than the bike was designed for. That is another consideration to make. By all means post this to the 2 cycle forum for better advise than I am qualified to give.
Tom from Rubicon

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I am getting old and tired of mixing 2cycle. That zeda 80 will make a bike faster than I want a bike to go. 40mph is very common and 55mph can be had with very little work.

Depending on the mountain bike you have it could be used as a source of parts for a SkyHawk gas tank frame build. All of my parts came from a craigslist mountain bike. That will give you a very nice 2cycle if that is what you want.

I hope someone chimes in with the "Best 142f kit" because that is what I want. Good luck what ever you select.

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
Best I can tell the grubee.net 144F-1G is the best buy. Based on old post I found from KCvale. 53cc in the same space.

Last edited:

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
After weeks of research I am on the fence between 53cc with shift kit and 79cc. Will never want to go faster than a 49cc or 53cc would go. I think the 79cc looks cooler.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hey Wayne you can always dial back on the throttle on the 79cc, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Wayne, 79cc Predi from HF if it will fit your frame.
As Greg says ". dial back on the throttle on the 79cc, it's better to have it and not ".
I built a 49cc Huasheng powered Huffy first. The engine had pretty good power when broke in. I thought.
Same year bought a Sportsman Flyer frame and front wheel from MBrebel. The rest of the build is pure Sportsman. I finally got some hours on it last year.
That 79cc is a world of difference compared to the 49cc.
And the Sportsman weighs at "least" 50# more.
Tom

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I’ve had them all.. 49cc shifter is cool but head wind will slow you down quick. Why not go 79cc and a shifter? I like the shift kits a lot. But as I’ve gone through bikes and motors I’ve found Less is better. Like less chains!