automatic china girls on ebay?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by poloste, Jan 18, 2014.

1. poloste

poloste New Member

hi as the title says does anyone have one of these? they are supposed to be new for 2014 and i just fit one to my bike. seems ok at the moment.

2. J0sh

J0sh New Member

What do you mean by automatic?

3. poloste

poloste New Member

I mean automatic like a moped (rev and go) no clutch. well their is still a clutch but its only used to start the bike then u just leave the clutch alone and rev and go and when u want to stop u just stop u dont need to pull the clutch in like normal

4. J0sh

J0sh New Member

0-0 I thought that was how a normal one was.

5. J0sh

J0sh New Member

Where did you buy it and for how much? Can i have a link?

6. poloste

poloste New Member

ebay item number 121229774567 on ebay .co.uk

7. poloste

poloste New Member

And no I didnt pay that much for it lol the seller has revised the listing since I bought it. I paid 118 for it which is just under the going rate in the uk for these kits.

8. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Just another full of crap ebay China girl seller. :)

Absolutely nothing new about this centrifugal clutch add on.

It is a 69cc if his 47mm x 40 mm is correct and I doubt it but definitely
    isn't a 80cc and it is a cheap China made kit.

[​IMG]

9. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

Is this somehow different from the standard centrifugal clutch unit that fits the HT engines and has been around for years?

10. Intrepid Wheelwoman

Intrepid Wheelwoman New Member

Wot? I've got one of those on my faux Rudge replica and I've owned it for at least four years.

11. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

So out of curiosity if you built a bike with a motor set up like that with a jackshaft, out of an Autobike like this how do you think it would work out?

autobike 6 speed.jpg

12. Intrepid Wheelwoman

My feeling is that it would work out really well.

13. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Active Member

The Autobike went out of business and was taken over by LandRider. I've got a LandRider which shifts 5 gears automatically through a shiftkit. Been riding it for four years now. I don't know how the Autobike might work but my bike shifts quite smoothly. I figured out a way to modify the LandRider derailleur to work on an internal hub as well. Will be building another bike using a 5 speed Strumy Archer hub with autoshift soon.

#13 LR Jerry, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  14. poloste

poloste New Member

Ahhh sorry I didnt realise these had been around for a while. Huh bloody ebay strikes again. So are these engines ok? If im honest I prefer the standard clutch as it pulls better off the mark although I have not had this for long so it may improve with time.

15. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

Sorry, not intending to threadjack here..

I met the guy selling that autobike this afternoon. He let me have it for $150, since it was a 40 minute drive to meet him.

I wish I'd had my camera on me (charging in the car).. he has a small barn/large shed packed with bikes, parts, wheels.. there was a narrow winding walkway (sort of) through to the back wall.. bikes were piled as tight as they could be from the walls out, hung from the rafters so tightly together you'd probably have to take down 10 to get to the one you want, and they were piled in the loft above that as well. I could spend a week in there and probably not get to the bottom of the pile. Most of them were mountain bike and hybrids of them. Peeking out of a pile is something that I'm pretty sure was an old Colson cruiser.. there was a quad-bike frame in another corner.. (shakes head) What should have been a 10 minute stop and go turned into an hour or so of poking around. I have his number, and I told him I'll be in touch when I need something.

So, returning you to the thread now.. ;)

16. Intrepid Wheelwoman

[​IMG]

Forget automatic China Girls, what you need is a French one.
    Absolutely great for motorising a tandem with the advantage that you don't need to conscript a stoker. A few more old clock parts and once I get this old article in a pre-war magazine translated I'll be good to go. :D