Any tips for mounting a 70cc on a Schwinn Jaguar?

GoldenMotor.com

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
I just got the bike and the engine does mount right. Any tips for the easiest way to get around this? I got my kit from powerkingshop on ebay if that helps (he lists them as 80cc).

Close-up pictures of your setup would help as well.

Thanks!

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
The rectangle shaped piece with 3 holes in it that is bolted to the motor, that is the piece I need.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I just used the flat plate that came with the engine. It slid right over the front stud bolts. I drilled a hole in the frame and put a bolt through it and then cut the little piece of tubing for a spacer...................

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Just a flat piece of metal. Drill three holes in it. One for the center bolt and two for the stud bolts. Just use like some 1/4" flat strap. Nearly anything would work...................

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
Ok last night while I was at work (I work 3rd shift) I had the idea to take off the chain guard to give me a little more room. I just did this and the engine fits! There is a few things that may make it not work though. So, if you dont mind observing these pictures I took and tell me if it is safe to continue.

The main concern for me is the front bolts are about 3/4 threaded through the bolt. I can use something to keep the bolt on probably but do you think this will be ok? Click pic for bigger image

My second concern is the rear mount is not flush with the bar. Will this cause problems?

And last is the distance from the engine to my pedal chain. I do not think it will be a problem but what do you think?

Thanks for all the help

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
That looks pretty cool. You could pull those front studs out and put longer studs in. Just put two nuts on the stud and tighten them against each other. Then you can unscrew it and the whole stud will come out........................

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
Using stock studs is something I don't recommend based on my 549,000 miles of riding on my motorized bike. Sorry, I couldn't help myself but seriously, I would replace each mounting stud with USA made metric all thread. Good luck with your ride.

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
I took it out and went to Home Depot. They had nothing like what I wanted :( I ran out of time for today I have work soon but tomorrow I am gonna try Lowes.

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
Using stock studs is something I don't recommend based on my 549,000 miles of riding on my motorized bike. Sorry, I couldn't help myself but seriously, I would replace each mounting stud with USA made metric all thread. Good luck with your ride.
Thanks for the tip, and I will replace them all but where do I find them? Home depot had long rods but they don't sell them in metric sizes.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
You might try a automotive store like Auto zone, Oriellys
or something like that. I bet they will have what you need...................

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks for the tip, and I will replace them all but where do I find them? Home depot had long rods but they don't sell them in metric sizes.

Lowe's has it, I've gotten it there. So does Tractor Supply Co., I've gotten some there too. A lot of auto parts store carry it as well.