Another Tylar BTR Build

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I'll hit you up when I find a larger Villiers or Gearbox. I picked up the Villiers and Albion in England. Most of the guy won't ship, you have to wear them down. I had one guy send it to my cuisin in England then had him sent it to me. Here's the Villiers, electronics and all!

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Harry,
It's going to even look better when he's done. What would it run to ship the Frame and Fork over to you?
Forget about it, i probably couldnt afford the postage to send your frame over here little own the money to buy that work of art :-(

Ive had many people from the U.S asking me about or to locate a Villiers engine, and i tell them the same that they would be better off getting one from England as the postage will be about half..... and its way cheaper for us here in OZ to get things from England rather then the U.S.

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I still have the 125cc Villiers 3 speed(Late 40's early 50's) if you know someone that wants one in the US. It has compression and electronics. The flywheel and electronics are ALWAYS missing and extremele expensive to replace. Now that I'm thinking of it...I swapped motors 3 times on Dan. lol... Poor guy! (Morini, Honda Clone, 125cc Villiers and 147cc villiers) I would of tell me to go to he!!.

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Just thinking.... instead of selling this frame by itself, could you use one of these motors and complete the build, not only would you get to own (for a short time) and ride (for a short time) a very cool and unique bike but im wondering if youd make more profit then selling these seperate....... thats what id be doing...... or at least thats what id tell the missus, but then id actually hope no-one buys it so i could keep it LOL

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Interesting transmission. Very much like mine. How does it shift and what shifts it?
I found a site that sells all the repair parts except the gears and case.

Steve

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
It is a suicide shifter (Side shift). The clutches are next to impossible to find and cost as much as the gearbox itself. I figure they know that you are screwed if you are looking for one so they stick it to you. Can you post a link to the site, it is always go to have some direction when it's needed. Funny thing is that the gearbox is exactly the same one that is on my motorcycle.

Attachments

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Just thinking.... instead of selling this frame by itself, could you use one of these motors and complete the build, not only would you get to own (for a short time) and ride (for a short time) a very cool and unique bike but im wondering if youd make more profit then selling these seperate....... thats what id be doing...... or at least thats what id tell the missus, but then id actually hope no-one buys it so i could keep it LOL
I told Dan the same thing but after the parts and labor to mount the engine, he said he'd be happier just to sell it not built. He is still toying with the idea of doing it.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
The Albion boxes were in production for a very long time, and there are differences in the boxes from the early vintage to the later. These were fitted on everything from pre war lightweight motor cycles to lawn motors and roto-tillers.

I have a couple of these boxes too, and I spoke with the guy at Fillman eng who cautioned me that many of his offerings (seals, bushings, etc) don't fit the earlier boxes. He was a nice guy, so anyone that needs parts should call first rather than just ordering what they think they need.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
He wouldnt send his engine from NZ to the U.S and back to N.Z again, couldnt he get another motor to fit the mounts or Brett would be better off getting someone locally to weld some mounts on..... CMon Brett you know you wanna.... DO IT DO IT!!!!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Or better still Brett, buy the frame and the money youve saved by not getting him to put mounts on could buy a welder to weld some mounts on..... and get Robert to throw in that Villiers engine and you will be set..... jut sayin :)