annoying flies

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
how do you keep the small flies away when you're working on your bike outdoors? they drive me nuts. If one is flying slow enough around my pants I just map torch em, I've gotten pretty good at torching them and have only burned my pants once

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Had not seen this thread til now. I had a BBQ yesterday after coming home from a Car Show / Hit and Miss Engine. Toward evening the bugs while I was BBQing were real bad. I use electric starter and keep the cord there as I am done at night. I hook up a clamp on reflector light and pug in the FM Radio. Well I got to thinking in a breeze the bugs don't get you. Artificial breeze also uses the AC outlet, and then I angled the fan up where I was kicking back with a brew and every now and then checking Porterhouse, Hot Dogs, & Trout! I think this is the answer for well at least for a small zone like sitting down. If you are moving about, you will be in a larger area to cover, so maybe get a netting? I bought a special netting for camping and have not yet used it. It would be set up inside a tent as the tent just does not have that fine a mesh. Why, who knows?

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Now I don't know if flies come out when there is a lot of smoke in the air. Wind is blowing smoke from so many forest fires 100's of miles away. The two in the news just recent Anaheim CA, and Napa, CA. It was just over night that all this smoke I notice in the AM. I thought it was over mostly for the near by 60K acre Salmon August Complex fire. It is slowed an more than 50% contained and I do not think that much smoke is coming from it. Scary that there have been I heard 10 deaths and a lot of homes and buildings burned. Bring on the Rain!