Albitre replica

GoldenMotor.com

chipmcluk

Oct 29, 2008
Reno
Replica I recently finished. Fabbed just about everything, from frame to tanks to brackets and headset. Lifan 150cc 5 speed. About two months from conception to completion. Its my first build, so the next one should come out pretty well. Enjoy!

Attachments

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
It seems like every day a really nice bike comes along here. That is why I keep checking in here every day!

Great looking build on both counts. Can't wait to see your next one!

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Wow. I'm impressed.

Where did you find the saddle? Don't tell me you made that too?

Ted

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
That's a pretty rare VW! A friend of mine has that same model that he uses for a work truck. Only he built a plywood wall between the seats and the back so he could lock up his tools. Nowhere near the same look as yours!

chipmcluk

Oct 29, 2008
Reno
That's a pretty rare VW! A friend of mine has that same model that he uses for a work truck. Only he built a plywood wall between the seats and the back so he could lock up his tools. Nowhere near the same look as yours!
Yes sir, early walkthrough panels are hard to find nowadays.VWs and Impalas have always been my weak spot. I have others, but this is the one I finished most recently. Two wheeled vehicles are my new passion.

shoggoth80

Jan 30, 2011
Seattle
Very very nice. How has the Lifan engine held up for you? From what I can tell, they seem to be Honda clones of a sort, just not sure which family. Much like the little scooters seem to be a clone of one of the smaller 50cc Hondas. I want to say Z50, but it is probably a much older predecessor.

I want it :p