A little no pedal project

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I concur Rick, Mr. Wolf is probably the premier builder on this forum. Sadly not at a commercial level. If Solid Works prints were for sale to discriminating builders it would be a boon to our community, priced accordingly.
Tom from Rubicon

Last edited:
Reactions: indian22

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A few updated pictures, won the local Deus Bike Build Off again! Got it in 2016. Lost the global title to a really well done motorcycle converted to electric for under a grand.

Bringing both bikes to Joe’s Mini Bike Reunion Oct 19th if anyone is local show up for a great time!

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That really has nailed the look. Brilliant!

Brake on the front, have you considered that the older grass track bikes of Europe used to have a front drum? A nice vintage looking one sided skinny thing might fit the look and keep you safe.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Jeff this bike is validation for classic style gas bikes continuing to be built and highly coveted for a long time, despite the trend to electrics. The clean, Spartan lines are elemental and compelling as are the sounds of gas engines that accompany the rolling thunder of days gone by!.

No reason both gas and electric can't exist side by side in our designs and collections. They are not mutually exclusive concepts!

Rick C.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
My memory bank had not been challenged for a long while! Speedway! It has been years since I have watched a televised race. JAP used to rule.
Tom

That's a long long time ago. JAP were replaced byJawa 2 valves, then Weslake ruled with 4v pushrod singles, the Jawa 4v ohc, GM, Godden, then the laydown GM and Jawas, front suspension has become sophisticated but still looks skeletal. Frames are adjustable as well for different degrees of stability and turn in.

It still consists of young men with no sense of risk nailing it and turning left a lot, except in the case of America's Greg Hancock who is 110 and still turns left.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Vintage Speedway's are just visually appealing to me...look fast sitting still. The newer ones appear a bit busy in comparison, though exciting in motion!

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
That last J.A.P. a beautiful example of what I've in mind for these racers and check the final cog...massive! Got teeth have grunt.

Narrow front and massive rear rubber is a common feature of these racers that I find visually compelling and adds authenticity to tribute bikes.

Good job Ludwig cataloging these fine example.

Rick C.

FOG

Mar 3, 2019
Speedway's still goin' on here in SoCal. I was just at the races in Costa Mesa about a month ago but don't attend regularly anymore.

The heyday was back in the 70's when they were running 6 nights a week at 6 different tracks. Each track had it's own team of 4 riders. My local was the Los Angeles Sprockets on Thursday night at Irwindale Raceway. :) Went years without missing a race until the track closed.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Speedway's still goin' on here in SoCal. I was just at the races in Costa Mesa about a month ago but don't attend regularly anymore.

The heyday was back in the 70's when they were running 6 nights a week at 6 different tracks. Each track had it's own team of 4 riders. My local was the Los Angeles Sprockets on Thursday night at Irwindale Raceway. :) Went years without missing a race until the track closed.

Proper league championships build good support and give riders the time in the saddle to develop. Also, learn team riding between 2 riders to keep out the opposition.

Reactions: indian22