52cc Predator Auger Powered X-Games FS20 BMX

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I meant the price of the frame mods. I will be sending you and a few others PMs within the next few days. Just need to do some final measuring. I need specific items that I can only trust to the members of this forum. Everything I know about motorized bicycles I learned here. Well,most of what was worth learning anyway. There's some other sites that have some related knowledge and such,but nothing like motorbicycling.com.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Everything is ready for paint tomorrow, looks like I won't be riding it tomorrow but maybe monday once all the paint is cured and I have sorted out the details.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I really wanna see how that flange freewheel will hold up. Got a similar idea but coming from the clutch to the freewheel.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Should hold up well, the powered one is an ACS Crossfire, and the dummy one used as a one way bearing and idler isn't really under load. I got the flanged freewheel from Staton so I think it's meant for motoring, and I know for a fact ACS crossfire is the BMX freewheel that's tougher than most.

Last night I drilled a couple holes for a water bottle holder in the top tube and welded nuts onto them. I'm gonna go with the Primus liter fuel bottle rather than the plastic tank because I don't know where to put it and its ugly. Interestingly this fuel bottle has a safety cap, but it's not vented, so I can keep it full of fuel on its side. I might need to steal a dirtbike vent hose for this from another build in progress because I know it's gonna need something to prevent a vacuum lock to the carb.

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I thought that was from staton,I got 3 in a box waiting for the future. The 10 holes kinda give it away.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but couldn't you keep the pedals? Maybe a sbp 206mm cartridge with a freewheel on the left and a solid sprocket on the right? Staton has a 5/8" adaptor for 13,14, and 15 tooth freewheels. I'm asking about pedals so that if I do do this it will still be legal-ish here in OK.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Yeah with SBP wide cranks Could keep the pedals but I didn't want to add any more cost to the build. I also think pedals can be really dangerous in the heat of the moment.

I'm going to try and justify mine as a goped.

Last edited:

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I got some shin scars that agree with you about pedals.

As for it being a goped, maybe put some frame standers in the rear instead of pegs and a tall set of apehangers? That way you could stand properly.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well, BMX are meant to ride standing, so that's fine, and I think I might get a cargo rack for it to keep from burning myself on the exhaust, and I can put some diamondplate on top and justify it as a floorboard if need be.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Wow I didn't know you could just buy frame standers like that, nice find! I'm just gonna use rear pegs, hope the cops don't get all overzealous about a scooter, the only thing different is the size of the wheels in reality.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

I got a cheap Schwinn seatback rack to hook the exhaust to, and decided to use a 1" suspension seatpost I had kicking around that I intended for my fixie. The sleeves that came with the rack weren't any good because they were slippery plastic so I managed to make it work with aluminum tape and a spool from an old roll of packing tape. Now it doesn't move, which is good because I'm gonna hook a hot pipe to it!

I have this front fender from my X-Games Motobike with number board that I think I'll use too maybe. The rear will prolly get a piece of flexible plastic attached as a splash guard. I'm trying not to accessorize the bike too much because its weight and complication, but there are a few things that really help comfort and legality. On that note, I'm gonna have to put a bike brake light kit on it with turn signals, so I won't get bugged as much.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Used a rotary tool to grind the slot for the 3/16" key for the Staton adapter.

Welded some bulk on the exhaust flange so I can port match it, the engine's port is 1/8" wider on each side! :)

Getting closer, here you see the rear rack.

Attachments