52cc Predator Auger Powered X-Games FS20 BMX

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
If I could afford the tremendous cost to import this big bore auger (if they'll even ship it), this would be the ultimate upgrade for hp and torque! :D

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I'm finally going to make it official and turn this bike into a scooter with floorboards. Stand up scooters like gopeds can be ridden with a drivers license without registration and don't have pedals. You've gotta have a floorboard though, pegs are a gray area I'm not sure about.
IMG_1259.jpg

In the X-games spirit of the bike, I ordered mini skateboards to affix to the pegs as runningboards. If the skateboard wood looks to be strong enough I'm going to use u-bolts to the pegs. This might be a thing anyone who removed their crankset could do to use their bike legally within the local scooter definition.
IMG_1261.jpg

I also ordered a cheap muffler which could possibly be used as a supertrapp with diy baffle plates attached to the screw-on endcap. That's using it backwards so if the exhaust tip too small it would need a different inlet welded on. I'm going to try it out with a pipe compression fitting the normal way first to see how loud it is. The Briggs muffler works ok, but they only flow enough for 14k rpm if you drill out the middle baffle, making it louder.

This little bike has been a fantastic and reliable runner. I really like this engine, you can really thrash on it. If it ever blows up there are big bore variants out there that start out at around 5 hp without an x-pipe. Depending on the future situation I may try out a 49cc four stroke to make the bike quiet and good for long distance. It would be de-tuning the bike though, much less power and would need a re-gearing for the lower powerband rpms.

It's been a long time since I rode it last so the bike will require a cleanup and lube. I like this bike because it's simple and really shreds the gnar. I think with the 71cc engine it would be insanely fast, but I'm going to enjoy this wonderful 52cc for as long as it keeps going.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I cleaned up the bike, it's all good except that I need to reconnect some fuel lines at the bottle that popped off since it's been dry.

Haven't had the time and energy to do much on this except for gripping the running skateboards tonight.
IMG_1315.JPG

Gotta get out there, fire up the engine, u-bolt them suckers on and go for a rip!