49 cc motor

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I have a 49 cc four stroke motor sitting on a work bench in my shop. It has a 4G primary drive on it the name on it is HUASHENGTAISHAN or close to that. It has not ran for a few years. If I remember correctly it started ok but didn't take throttle. It's a pull start motor.
I have decided to make it run and put it in or on something. I think I can put in fresh oil, pull it through a few times then take a good look at the carburetor and it should be ok. It has maybe one hour on it. Is there anything I should know especially about the carb settings?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Jim I would remove and clean the carb before doing anything else, today's gas will gum up quick. Check the fuel line good too, ethanol will destroy any hose not made to use with it. I have a 2 year old earthquake 2 stroke mini tiller that I use in our garden, I got it out last week getting ready for the season and found the fuel line from tank to carb damaged, it was used a little over 6 months ago. I usually turn the carb adjustment screw all the way in counting the turns and use that as a starting point when I put it back together, if it was running at that setting before it should run now if the carb is clean.

Reactions: allen standley