4 stroke Panther build

GoldenMotor.com

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
The Panther looks great. Very clean build. Is the clutch what came with the transmission? If it is get in touch with Quenton Guenther. I've never heard of this. It could be that the belt is the wrong one and slips. Don't know. You'll get it straightened out and when you do, woohoo!
SB
It is the one that came with the transmission, but I think I'll try cleaning the carb first before calling him. Hopefully that will get it running right. Also I can't stand that red cover, I think i'm gona have to go Silverbear on it.

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Figured it out thanks to the help in the trouble shooting section. It was my noob valve adjustment about a year ago. Run great now lots of power. Now onto more problems lol. The monark springs bottom out when going down the drive incline and enter the street causing the tire to rub and stop the bike. Kinda scary thought if i hit a pot hole at 30mph, so I guess I need to find stiffer springs. Any one know a source for them?

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Decided to just use a battery for lighting. I finally got around to modifying the vintage style light with modern Cree Leds. Heres a couple pics of the light in action indoors. Note that in the first pic the kitchen florescent ceiling light is on and bike light is off. In the next one the kitchen light is still on but the bike light is on as well. The bike light is so bright it makes the rest of the room look dark in that picture, but it isn't. I might move the light switch from the circuit board to the opening on top of the light, or I might get lazy and leave it where it is lol. Either way this thing is awesome! Came with a lipo battery pack that I will most likely mount under the seat.

Attachments

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Any suggestions for a tail light? I ordered some Wald Chrome flared balloon tire fenders, I hope they fit. Also ordered a brake lever with built in switch and wire, and a nice mechanical speedometer(not the cheapo one!)

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Will do. I ordered some aluminum grips and aftermarket airfilter today. I still need a nice tail light. I have one in mind but seems to be too rare to get ahold of one. So still could use some help finding a vintage style tail light.

tattoomark

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Bike looks awesome...I did the Silverbear mod on mine too. A few pics back I saw something in the background darn near tucking Bottom lugs...would you mind putting up a couple of pics of that?

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Oh that's not mine. That's one of the two metropolitans that my welder has. They are customized I think for racing, since he does custom fabrication for race vehicles. Next time I stop by I will get more pics.

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Found the tail light I wanted but too expensive. Went with plan b and ordered a cheaper one similar style. If it fits I'll post a pic when I get it and try it out.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
M.E. ......... I gotta apologize for the pic's , I intended to post them my thread but had too many distractions to distenguish who's thread I was on LOL!
Good job on the Panther! do you plan to embelish the bike with Schwinn decals and head badge? perhaps with the speared decals as well ? should you decide.

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
No prob, those are beautiful bikes, wish they were mine :D

I have thought about emblems and head badges. Schwinn is one option, I am also thinking about having the tank painted and have "Panther" painted on it as well.

Here I installed the SBP filter, not a lot of work was accomplished this weekend. Gave it a short ride, chain is giving me problems. Really need to get a U bolt on the bearing carrier for the Q matic.

Attachments

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Thanks guys.

I did order some fenders, they should be here today. My mechanical speedo order looks like it didnt ship. I ordered it on an ebay competitor so go figure I'll cancel the paypal and try purchasing it else where.