4 stroke bike clutch wears out after less then 10miles!

Discussion in 'Instructions for Building and Repairing Motorized ' started by Mynameis, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Mynameis

Mynameis New Member

Hello everybody,

I’ve recently bought a 4 stroke 49cc engine kit for my bike. Everything went well building it, but after my first ride, which was less then 10miles, my clutch completely broke down(I’ll attach pictures). I replaced the clutch with a brand new one, but after taking another ride with the new clutch, the pads wore out again in less then 5miles.

What could be causing this? I do kickstart my bike to 6 miles/hour before i apply gas.

That’s the photo of the first clutch, after riding less then 10miles. Two springs were found unattached.

Attached Files:

2. Mynameis

Mynameis New Member

Update

I’ll attach pictures of the new clutch I replaced before and after taking a 5mile ride.

First photo is taken just after replacing the clutch. Second one after taking 5mile ride.

Attached Files:

3. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

Something is amiss here. Can you explain more, is it getting hot, what your gear ratio, is it slipping? There is different springs you can get to help. And there is past discussion on this if you search............Curt

indian22 likes this.
  4. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

You need to pedal the bike up to speed every time you start from a stop... & if you ride too 'slow' the clutch will always be slipping.... try riding at a faster speed so the clutch is engaged harder.

Also... did you add a aftermarket rear sprocket to the wheel for higher top speed? (because that will also cause this).

indian22 likes this.