1st pictures of my project

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Gonna be SWEET. And the HS engine ain't too bad for a knock off. Kind of a pain to work on but parts are easy enough to get.
So get to work and keep us updated on yer progress. It's gonna be SWEET.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
air filter upgrade? I'm considering the same but I am a newbie. What are the gains of a new filter?
It just looks cool. The inner filter you use could make a difference, but the outer case of a filter, plastic or chrome, makes no difference. a chrome filter just looks cool. Of course the better ones come with better filtering. Unless you live in a real dusty area just find one you like that looks good on your bike. If you're dusty then just make sure it's made of better filtering stock, and then keep it clean. I'm sure someone will turn you on to a site somewhere that has air cleaner options for MB's. Most of my builds are total stock with stock air cleaners. Not recomended, but I ran one bike for over a year with no filter at all. But I don't live on a dirt road either.
fatdaddy.

cdavid67

Apr 4, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA.
It is supposed to give you a performance increase but the downside is you have to rejet your carb. The factory jetting is designed to work with the restrictive air box. You can get some good information about tdance1his on the AGK website. They specialize in racing go karts.

cdavid67

Apr 4, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA.
Oops! Didn't mean to put the little dancing guy in there. That's what happens when you try to reply on a smart phone!
I'll be dancing when I get my project done.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
It is supposed to give you a performance increase but the downside is you have to rejet your carb. The factory jetting is designed to work with the restrictive air box. You can get some good information about tdance1his on the AGK website. They specialize in racing go karts.
Yes it CAN give a performance increase if you want to port it, re-jet it, ect, ect, ect. Simply sticking on a chrome air filter won't do much for ya. If ya REALLY want to increase performance take a look at Jaguar's stuff on the other site. You could learn A LOT from it. Most of it applies to 2 strokes but still a lot of great stuff about porting, jet size, ect.
fatdaddy.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=32054xct2