1955 Road Master 79cc HF motor

GoldenMotor.com

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Hello all , I was told that I needed to make a thread so everyone here could enjoy my latest build . It will be a long time till I can get it to look the way that I want and parts over time to get that period look im going for , but in order to ride it now I have to sacrifice , ( for now ) lol.

Ok this is what im starting off with , and its in good shape , but I want that brand new look like it was fresh outta the box from 1955. I like the color that it was so I went down and got gloss apple red for the frame and a flat white for the white on the fender.

Heres the before shot

and heres the after shot

Notice I replaced the forks with a springer style fork , don't worry they are not the re-pops off Ebay LOL

Since then I have made a few modifcations to the bike such as replacing the swoop back bars with a beach cruiser style bar for more comfort and a new seat . I have these to work on till they are done the seat I have will have to do.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
OK well Im back to post more photos , Some of the work up of the frame and the paint on the chain guard . I got board and just dove into it . Once again don't be disappointed with what I don't have on the bike and enjoy what im doing with it now , all the hubs and other parts will have to come at a latter date unfortunately .

Ok so here is the frame shots from paint .

as you can see the solid red was too much red for me so I added the white here.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Now with that said ,its time to work on the motor .... I purchased the motor online and used the 20 % off coupon for a total of $79.00 After disassembling most of the components like the fuel tank , air breather, carb, exhaust , and taking out the governor as instructed on the AGK site Listed here.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/79cc-harbor-freight-govenor-removal.php

Also got the AGK Jack Shaft and clutch as well .

After looking at it and a few sugestions from LabRat , I decided to paint the motor to match the bike to give it that extra ummmmfffppphhhh. and wow factor

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
And naturally .... we have to get an Idea of what its gonna look like on the bike , but unfortunately the motor mount I ordered from AGK didn't come with the frame mounts so I have LabRat making me a custom frame mount , Exaust ,and a carb adapter.
The Carb is a PZ19 as recommended by LabRat as he uses them . but here is where she sits so far , more progress as the time comes .ANDNO SHES NOT PINK ..... its just the lighting LOL.

Well until my parts come in , I hope you all like .

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Ok was teased with a photo of my parts so far out at Lab Rats house LOL , my carb which is a PZ19, the air filter , oil catch can , and the carb adapter .....
The carb is an actual Motorcycle carb off Ebay as well is the air filter and oil catch can.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121107024332 oil catch can , cost $22.45 with shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50cc-70cc-9...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2571528699

Carb $20.24 free shipping from Texas

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35mm-Univer...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2573a13732

air filter $6.48

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Is that engine a Predator or Greyhound? Why did you decide on a different carb? Is that the AGK carb adapter? Details look great, Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Well I helped WingNut mount his new rear rack which is a Pletcher onto his bike Suicide , and he gave me the Phantom Replica rear rack .... some mods were needed to make it work but I got it there LOL here is a few pics of the mock up.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Yeah yeah ...... I know I still have to paint it but I will make it so LOL.

also added a solar head light for now till I get another large light like I had on my old build

this was my old ride , the all mighty long runner 2 stroke , Hardley-A- Davidson

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Ok , well today while I was working on WingNuts bike Suicide , I got the Arrow motor back on his bike while he wire wheeled the paint off my bike , got the rear rack painted today as well ,and no its not Orange LOL its just the lighting from the flash. we have been a busy crew LOL

heres some pics of the rear rack .........

This is to mount a blinky rear light as Mandated by the city

Last edited:

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Well here is a few pics of the rear rack mounted to the bike !!!! also scored a retro headlight today that was rusted so I decided to follow along with my red and black theme.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Well I have been struggling for a name for her , and was drawing a blank till a friend of mine on FB quoted this , "This is a B****in story by the way. The trip, why you only made it half way on the bike etc. I don't usually connect on such level with interweb stuff, but im purely envious of your experience."

And then it hit me like a light bulb, and a Microwave ding in the background knowing I was done LOL. This bike is like me in every way , shape , and form .... It represents new beginnings and a fresh start at something better and stronger than before . This bike as have I , Have risen from the ashes and came out better for it , for this her name is the PHOENIX !!!!!!

Last edited: