1912 Excelsior Tribute

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
1C71967A-1316-4626-ADB5-CF713799C518.jpeg So every winter I try to start a build or finish a new build.I took a gamble on the old web and tried to put together a frame and tank combo that didn’t brake the bank. So I found a good frame and a Harken semi straight not smooth tank.but it together and sold it. Guy loved it and wanted to buy my bike.. yep my bike! Off it went with the other!
Now I got some$$$ So lets get someone to make a frame and tank. My call went out to Taylar , and Dan has answered with a awesome frame and tank combo. But wait I still got some coin... more hand made parts from Dan it is! Fork, tool box ,drop stand, and more!!
So what to do for the winter... hmmm I know Bling a ding ding ding.. here it is

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well I ended up taking apart a set of steel Worksman and reusing hubs and spokes in a set of Alloy Worksman rims.Just finished putting sheave on this morning.

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Tires are Project 346 26x2.35 they also come in cream and grey. But Hard to find.
Not in Vietnam, country of origin. Fun hunt that one.
We are taking notes MotoMagz, or at least I am. I am indebted to you for reminding me of Taylar Cycles.
Having a Sportsman Flyer 80 in the stable, a 212cc build is now a driving force. Keep posting MotoMagz, we are eating it up.
Tom

Reactions: Nightster

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Ya I like them but wish I would have bought cream..o well.
Tom I like your Sportsman,it came out very saweeet!
Taylor’s builds are all one offs, so every frame is alittle different.I did it over the phone.... basically what I was looking for and what I was running .Dan designed the bike from that. Thanks Guys!

Last edited: