Not sure The dress up kit as delivered will make the motor tall enough for all the space in the frame so I made some extra spacers and disks. cleaned degreased and almost ready for paint. Test fit on motor tomorrow maybe!!
I was looking at those Honda engines at a store when I was getting gaskets needed after I adjusted the valves on my old Briggs 3.5hp. You have to remove the head and manually grind the valve stem. 0.005 to 0.007 is the range. So I felt I would used the center of it at 0.006 inch is what I ground it and lapped combined and got. It was worn to 0.0015 inch and would not restart after the engine got hot. Ran it like mad out on the trails Saturday and was flawless. Started no problem always.
Also now 3.5 become 3.9 hp...? See picture.
Still I have it in my mind about those Honda engine, but probably looking at a used manufactured trail bike where I can make the steeper hills. As long as parts still available probably what I could use. 1911 Flying Merkel sounds like one you would probably not trial ride through mud puddle on purpose, but I appreciate what people do to make that faux look and be authentic as possible. You go!
I am COVERED with aluminum grindings! So is the tailgate of my truck. I been VINTAGENTAFYING! Here's the latest. Bout melted down my Dremel today but got all the tabs and casting flash off the motor and made a visual block to fit inside the fake cylinder head bits so its no longer see through. PITCURES!
For the "peek a boo" blocker just some thin aluminum sheet for Ace Hardware a few #6 button heads and nuts and a whole bunch of JB Weld. I used a unopened package with a sweater in it and a round breaker bar to form the metal. Aligned everything up and then roughed up the metal ( really rough )where there would be contact and drilled holes for the screws once everything was ligned up. JB welded the POO out of it and set the screws to hold its shape and also 2 clamps .
I did something not quite similar really, just that the way the Honda name was on parts was cut away, I obliterated a UL Symbol.
I drilled through a UL Symbol on a mod I made to a portable tape player/radio/CD player when I wanted to have it run off the 12 volts from my car. I out a BNC connector where the plastic had that symbol.
The way you did the fins looks like all the same cooling will be effective, just the looks of a newer engine changed to one that used external push rod etc. Old time style, Neat!
Thanks Moto. After working too much and then not at all during a long bout of flu I've been doing a bit on the brass doghouse covering up the real magnito and spark plug. I'll get a bit more done this coming week Pic's soonish.
Hee Hee !! Been EMULATING again... Motor work! Built a dog house fake magnito thingy to hide the stock mag and spark plug. This thing was a [email protected] to get kinda close to right. Started with about 20 graph card stock cutout templates them moved on to brass once I had it built in paper.
ALSO got and modded another spring for the rods so now they match.