Zeda 80 Stock Build

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Just finished a build using a Zeda 80 kit. I have been messing with CG engines since they first showed up years ago. They have slowly gotten better. The Zeda so far is the best I have had. By far the smoothest of all and has great torque and revs like crazy . I was impressed by the castings on the lower end, cylinder was average with the ports needing cleaning of flashing. Plating looked great though.

I installed it on one of my test mule bikes along with the Zeda boost pipe. Initial running was the usual 4 stroking common to the NT carb. A good deal of it was eliminated by installing a Briggs 3.5hp muffler as a silencer. Seemed it needed some back pressure. The rest was worked out by modding the NT in various ways. Result is a very torquey engine clean running engine with plenty of top end. Am running a 36t sprocket. That coupled with the tall Hookworms makes for some fairly high gearing. No speeds checks but guess 40 plus will be no issue.

So far it's a killer little stocker! The best so far!

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
20180202_104547.jpg
20180202_104631.jpg
Have guessing about 200 mi on the Zeda now. It has been totally without issue.Raised the compression by millIng the head slightly and running a .4mm copper gasket (stock is.75). This woke it up a bit. While adding an extension for the muffler the idea came to me to make it adjustable in length.
I found a slight increase in top end and mid range at a given length. Also the further in the muffler the quiter it is until it over restricts it. So plan to experiment a bit. I imagine it is just adding some needed back pressure as opposed to tuned lenght. Really doesn't matter how as long as it's an improvement.
Pipe is cut back at angles inside the muffler to improve flow. The exit pipe on the Zeda chamber is way too large it needs added back pressure at least on a stocker to run properly.

Last edited: