Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike community!

GoldenMotor.com

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

I've put a few miles on my tensioner now and I can say it's definitely a very well made item. It has performed flawlessly so far and I don't expect it to do anything less.

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

I've put a few miles on my tensioner now and I can say it's definitely a very well made item. It has performed flawlessly so far and I don't expect it to do anything less.
Thank you Nevada!

In my last post I listed noon today (EST) as the cutoff time, but I'm extending it until 9am (EST) tomorrow morning. I will ship out any orders recieved by then tomorrow. Of course feel free to place any orders between the 4th and 13th, just know that it will ship out on the 14th.

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

I'm always fighting to keep the cost of the tensioner from getting any higher, either by buying materials in greater bulk or trimming shipping costs a little.

For the sake of saving customers a little bit in shipping costs, I'm now offering USPS first class as an alternative to the USPS Priority Mail I've been using.

That means most U.S. buyers can get it for $39.98, shipped to your door! Still includes a tracking number!

To anyone who has not seen this thread before, the tensioner can be bought via the link below in my signature. If ebay is not your thing, it can be bought by sending me a message with your paypal email address, to which I will send an invoice.

As always, thanks to all of my customers so far. If you have any pictures of your tensioner installed, please feel free to post!

Attachments

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois

Had a guy asking me about my bike the other day. He is in the middle of motorizing his. He saw the tensioner and was VERY impressed. I told him how to get one. So if you get an order from here in Danville, it's probably from him. Again, it's the best 40 bucks I've spent so far on my bike.

Last edited:

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

That's great to hear paintgun, I will keep an eye out for a Danville order! Thank you!brnot

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC

This is by far the best investment into my bike I have made. It rides with less jingeling, noise, and I feel it makes the bike respond faster.

With my Hybrid Bicycle, it has an awkward frame that didnt fit the stock chain tensioner, if you have the same issue then you have to get this or you may go through 2 rims like I did in the process. It also keeps the chain further away from the wheel on the top side... and from the frame on the bottom side.

Its easy to work with too. I have been using it for the last 80 miles flawlessly, 0 wear on the wheel as if its brand new too!

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia

Mine arrived 2 days before estimated. Not bad for international shipping!
Threw it on and did 25km on the road then took it out into the bush for 10km of some quite rough trails and it worked flawlessly. The wheel scrubs a little on my knobby tyres but that is to be expected with my set up.

Thanks for an awesome product

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Im glad you received it quickly! And I really appreciate you taking the time to post a picture! Keep me in mind for your next project!

mr42ndstblvd

Nov 10, 2013
oklahoma

so far im im not happy with this setup i jave one but it needs a stouter springer to work so its in my parts box

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

so far im im not happy with this setup i jave one but it needs a stouter springer to work so its in my parts box
I'm curious why you need a stronger spring? What does it do or not do as is?
I wonder if you might have too much slack in your chain since you should have very little actual spring movement. A spring tensioner is not a cure for off center sprockets or misaligned chainline....
Maybe we can help you get it working right?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

If you're not too far from OKC, I'd even come over and take a look........I've got one of these tensioners on my machine and it's the best 'mod' I've done so far!!

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Was out of stock for the past week, but for anyone interested I have them back in stock! For anyone who has not seen this thread before, you can check out the product by clicking on the ebay link below. If ebay is not your thing, you can also pay me directly via Paypal, just contact me for more info.

brnot

AVroman

Oct 4, 2013
Daytona FL

Sadly I was never able to get this amazing product to work on my motorbike. I have tried to alter both the tensioner and my bike but to no avail.

Thank you for making a great product! I would have loved to get it working properly.

Alex

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Sadly I was never able to get this amazing product to work on my motorbike. I have tried to alter both the tensioner and my bike but to no avail.

Thank you for making a great product! I would have loved to get it working properly.

Alex

Post some pics of the 'problem' areas. I bet that we can help you through your issues!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

Nice looking product , however I love that gas tank , is it for sale? If so ...how much.

I hope you do not mind me asking you how much it is ..I say thins because. the last time I asked someone on here how much they were selling something for they got all "HUFFY and PUFFY" and insulted me then went on to accused me of wasting their precious time This guy even wanted to ship me two of them... when all I asked was how much it was .....

The guy tried to guilt me into buying it too.. that crap didn't work on me !!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Alex
Dang hate to hewr of your troubles, makes me wonder what exactly it is that is causing you trouble, I can say that personally I never had good results when trying to run a tensioner with a spring, and figured out real quick that chain length has to be so that it probably run without a tensioner at at inorder for a spring tensioner to work since when the engine is pump started all the pressure is thrown to bottom section of chain which will cause the top section of chain to become extremely loose unless chain is already almost atits correct tension before the spri g tnsioner is even doing anything at all.

Not to be negative in any way here but honeztly most people have found that a static idler/tensioner like what comes. In the kit or a homemade kon that has a solid hold rather than a spring works the best , or just dont run one at all if you have a way to get. Both p ddle and engine drive chains adjusted without the use of a tensioner a all on engine drive side.

Proper alignment and proper tension of chain before spring tensioner is even installed is gonna be key to whether or not it will work ok or you will have issues of the chian coming off when you bump start the engine or even while c oasting bike down hill or just simply when you let off throttle which causes chain to become very loose on top if length is just a little to long.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Nice looking product , however I love that gas tank , is it for sale? If so ...how much.

I hope you do not mind me asking you how much it is ..I say thins because. the last time I asked someone on here how much they were selling something for they got all "HUFFY and PUFFY" and insulted me then went on to accused me of wasting their precious time This guy even wanted to ship me two of them... when all I asked was how much it was .....

The guy tried to guilt me into buying it too.. that crap didn't work on me !!!
Well Jumpa, one thing I have noticed in this thread is that the fella making these chain tensioners seem to be a straight kinda guy that doesn't insult n or attack the people he wishes to do business with, same cant be said for the individual you alude to here that acts as if he's been hit by "Lightening" or somethint when someone may just ask a simple question......lol yeah I got the sob story in the beginning which was why I ended up with good intentions just wanting to help the guy out, but after realizing the emails and private messages being exchanged had nothing to do with actually friendship and good ethics and was about fame and the money.... I changed my thinking about that situation.

From what I've seen you dont have any of that mess to be concerned about.from turbobuick, he seems to be a nice fella and has just tri d to be honest and offer a product that some may want at a reasonable price, no fluff or attacks on his customers.

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

This is what I liked....

Product actually performs better than advertised.

Product was a value for the price.

Product arrived before promised.

Product entailed no hidden agendas.

If all retailers/producers could get this figured out, this country would again be an economic force to be reckoned with. Just my honest opinion.