work stand

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har Bill, lol. Know what ya mean about the age thing. 2 funny.

True story. This winter I grew a big ol, mostly grey beard. (Made it really hard to pick up co-eds)

A cop yelled at me to move my car. Really just cought me wrong and I yelled at him. He looked away and than down at his feet. Like a kid being admonished by Grampa. Freaked me out!

Power of the grey beard.

Man i can ramble.
Wut? I'm old...
Snork

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You guys wait it's coming when you hit the 70+ mark things change. LOL Like the stand i to a wood butcher and use wood for a lot of jigging, good luck with the build, like it so far..........Curt

Reactions: Dan

William G Vanslyck

Feb 16, 2018
You guys wait it's coming when you hit the 70+ mark things change. LOL Like the stand i to a wood butcher and use wood for a lot of jigging, good luck with the build, like it so far..........Curt
hi curt
things are already changing!!
having fun so far with the build just got engine yesterday, put sprocket on rear wheel today, had to order a off set brake arm to clear bolts on sprocket, hope it works

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
You guys are so funny. My bike almost never gets lifted. If I need to rotate the rear wheel I just lean it some more on the kickstand. Adjusting chain tension is all done with axle adjusters.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You guys are so funny. My bike almost never gets lifted. If I need to rotate the rear wheel I just lean it some more on the kickstand. Adjusting chain tension is all done with axle adjusters.
I built 100 cool bikes just using this to hold the bike up.

Glued and Screwed wood perfect bike rack.
The sliding glass door is to the right, and you roll straight in the shop to the rack, it was Ideal for us with all the testing we did.

A couple of low kitchen table rolling chains were perfect, you can see one of them in the background at the seat.

Anyway I didn't use any fancy racks, just one that required no time or effort to use hundreds of times.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I nailed a 2x4 to work bench leg with blocks to space, to work like that just for adjustments. Works great.

For any thing more involved, I like to have the bike about chest level.

Office chairs with rollers are awesome! Can zing around with out getting up.
(talk about lazy! sheesh. LoL)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Office chairs with rollers are awesome! Can zing around with out getting up.
(talk about lazy! sheesh. LoL)
I can't walk far, like to the couch and back from my wheel chain without help. I am not lazy, just slow moving bud ;-}

Reactions: fasteddy

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
NOoooo ya zingot Was making fun of me. My shop is 12x16, OD! LoL.

And I roll around from end 2 end,, some times pushing off a wall or what ever like a swimmer competeing..

Sorry for the confusing wording. My bad buddy.

Reactions: fasteddy