wont this way make chain aligment and sprocket aligment perfect and sturdy?

GoldenMotor.com

davidguest

Jun 17, 2023
Hello i have posted this thread regarding a thing that i has been going around my mind for a while.
On some wheels they have like disc brake holders with like 6 screw that can be put in.
My question is wont it be a good idea to get a sprocket that fits that or to dril holes in one to fit it.
But i wonder if it wont strip the bolts and will it stay on tight. Im sure that the sprocket would be really straight and everthing but wont there break anything when doing that.
Please tell me about your opinions on this because i can maybe finally get rid of me needing to replace my spokes and everthing a couple of times.
All answers are apreciated thanks
IMG_1456.jpg

davidguest

Jun 17, 2023
Hello i have posted this thread regarding a thing that i has been going around my mind for a while.
On some wheels they have like disc brake holders with like 6 screw that can be put in.
My question is wont it be a good idea to get a sprocket that fits that or to dril holes in one to fit it.
But i wonder if it wont strip the bolts and will it stay on tight. Im sure that the sprocket would be really straight and everthing but wont there break anything when doing that.
Please tell me about your opinions on this because i can maybe finally get rid of me needing to replace my spokes and everthing a couple of times.
All answers are apreciated thanks View attachment 114575
also wont it not break the spokes or will it?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Using a wheel (& hub) like that doesn't always work as planned.
The mounting surface for the brake rotor is extremely offset outward & doesn't line up with the new engine chain at all!

You're going to have to find an old school 'top hat' adapter (in the correct offset) to make it work... (I don't know of anyone who still sells them). :(
Use the search bar at the top of the page to see what a top hat adapter is.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon