Won't stay running anymore

GoldenMotor.com

BoogieMan

Nov 28, 2017
Ok thank you very much. It is not wet in either of those areas. I also have pulled the magneto and the magnet to check the sheer pin, all is good there. So I removed the muffler on what someone else said and pulled the end cap off and found fuel in the muffler. Could that be the problem and if so what might be causing that ???

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
ChecK again for spark? If no spark it could be an intermitant issue with Horse shoe coil or Kill button. "Sometimes I sets and thinks, sometimes I jes sets" What you think Crass?

BoogieMan

Nov 28, 2017
Yes I actually check the spark again today and it is there.

I really don't know what else to do besides give up and junk it. And it's still practically brand new. It has less than 20 miles on it.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
At any time did you remove the rotor magnet from the shaft? If you put this back on inside out you shift timing 180 degrees. Fires exactly Wrong Timing.

BoogieMan

Nov 28, 2017
The only time I removed that was today to check the shear pin and marked it first to make sure I put it back on correctly.

BoogieMan

Nov 28, 2017
It ran perfectly and then one night I rode it to work and all was fine the next morning when I went to start it to ride home it wouldn't start.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Spark plug in-Lift rear wheel off ground. Have help to hold if needed - clutch engaged turn the wheel with arm and hand. Can you feel a strong resistance of compression?

BoogieMan

Nov 28, 2017
It has compression then. I have done all that has been suggested on here to no avail. This is so upsetting me.

BrandFord2140

Oct 19, 2019
I have a hard start and no idle Without Really setting the idle screw up high which I don't like doing because I normally have it at a slow idle and it stays there happily I can only give it to the three pedals from a stoplight engage clutch and I'll be flying I've had this now for about 4 to 5 months yet it's just started happening a few days ago how did idling in Austin sputtered to a stop in my yard so I've been figuring it out but I know CDI on it runs but that's why I found out how to do a high idle but it still stalls out I don't know what the heck's wrong with it