Won’t fire it turn over good with pull start.

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I got a 48cc/50 I installed got to start. So the next day it wouldn’t start got tired of peddling so put a pull start on . Finally started but had to shut it down pull start broke was making noise . It was kind a no power boggy . So I took a white paper towel and found oil between head so ordered a new head gasket and pull start got them installed . When installing I found a little puddle of gas on piston so it’s getting gas. I check spark got it. Just won’t start any ideas? It’s a hp carb too

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When you say hp carb which one? Is it the cns with the choke lever on the handle bars? I would start with the basics, change to a new sparkplug and see if that helps. The ngk B6HS is a good plug, gap it at 28-30.

Reactions: Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Puddle on the piston? I'd check your float, and then your mixture (when/if you get it running).
Sounds mighty rich.

Turn the fuel off, try starting it like that, if it starts popping and/or running, it's waaay too rich for some reason.

Reactions: wan37

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
New ngk plug b6hs carb .,
Puddle on the piston? I'd check your float, and then your mixture (when/if you get it running).
Sounds mighty rich.

Turn the fuel off, try starting it like that, if it starts popping and/or running, it's waaay too rich for some reason.
I’ll try that it’s a hp carb I’ll show pic of carb. When I did get it started it was very sluggish no power but it did get going after a while riding but idled great

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve had several of that type carb and had problems with the bushing getting soft and sometimes falling apart, I switched to the basic nt and found it to be much more reliable.​

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Awesome I had a nt carb for yrs so I’m very familiar with them . Just got to seal the throat where it mounts to intake. Thanks .