Winter Build Off Photo Entries

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You will see three "classes" sticky-ed to the top of this forum.

Please submit pictures in the following manor-
Click the "Reply" gear and scroll down to "manage attatchments".
Click on that, then on "browse" to go to your photo in "My Pictures" or wherever you keep them on you computer.

Click on it and let it load- These will re-size and be displayed as thumbnails in your post.

One post with the max number of photos per entry.

Include a little blurb (or a long one) about the bike.

POST ONLY ENTRIES- NO OTHER POSTING OR CHIT-CHAT PLEASE.:D

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If no one has any objections, we will announce a prize structure later and the judges will be via a poll among the non-builders only please.

Unless everyone builds a bike, then I got a lot of judging to do....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My building won't start begining until january 09 by then all my peices will be in front of me and a camera:D This will be fun!

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Say I build an open class bike only then can I vote in the other 2 classes?

For now, we will say "If you enter the contest, you can not judge".

It will keep things simple and FUN.

This is not uber serious, but more like "winter blues override incentive to build".

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
You can count me in Bigguy Joe. Now I have the problem of picking which bike I want to enter into the Open Class. I've been thinking about this for the last few days. I really love my First build but the second one is definitely more of an eye catcher.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Some updates per "the bossman" (Cruiser).:D

May 1 is the date of final entry. "Spring-ish"

Prizes are being worked on....good ones too.(^)

I'm interested in seeing what kind of bikes start to fill all the catagories, but I am especially interested in the DIY Electric. There are very few of these here and I think this class will help stimulate the very fine brains we have here. It can be a cheap, easy entry. Gas/Hybrids defintely welcome.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
OK, you got my brain startin to fizz. Now I got to settle down and figure what to build. Oh this is gonna be fun. Oh Yea that is what this is supposed to be. On your mark "GO". Honey I need the extra bedroom for a special build. Think she will buy it? Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
OK its all over the place anyway. It is a complement that everyone likes the bike. It is not my favorite for riding though. I have to make a smaller rear sprocket,engine runs too high most of mine are 39 teeth. I use a Honda sprocket and lay it over the original one and drill holes using the pattern and then cut the outer circle off and grind the teeth the correct shape. It vibrates at higher RPM and I think it is from the long front engine mounts, I need to think of something better. I like the looks of the pipe but it is loud, and hard to quiet down. It is the first build that was mine, and I spent the most time on it. I am looking for another frame, I want to build an antique looking version. Have fun, Dave

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
For now, we will say "If you enter the contest, you can not judge".

It will keep things simple and FUN.

This is not uber serious, but more like "winter blues override incentive to build".
I won't enter, I'll let someone else have my trophy. You going to have 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in each class? Judges are a good idea but you might want to think about The Peoples Choice award or something like that. All bikes entered are eligible and any one can vote 1 time for any bike for this award. Happy Hills & Trails Walter F.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Certainly...this is how it will go.

There will be a top three in each catagory, and the final winner in each will be chosen via a poll.

A peoples choice award sounds mighty fine too.

skimpd666

Nov 5, 2008
scottsdale
i have been checking out online for a good engine kit and was hoping that someone has a good place to go. i just joined and i want to get in on the bike build off! any ideas of where to go?

also do any of the places have the engines painted or chromed?

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I have ordered from three different places, have had good luck with all of them. Most of them all sell on e-bay. You can pick one up for about $150 with free shipping. I happened to get the last one for $135. from powerkingshop. Good luck

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
i have been checking out online for a good engine kit and was hoping that someone has a good place to go. i just joined and i want to get in on the bike build off! any ideas of where to go?

also do any of the places have the engines painted or chromed?
Engines can be painted any color you want- by you.
Look at thatsdax, livefast, spooktoothcycles, or raw, all advertising on this forum, just click on them and have a look. They are all decent dealers.