Where can I find jets for a CNS gen B carb?

GoldenMotor.com

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
Hi all,
So I got my bike running pretty well at this point, but its still a bit rich being that I'm at 7200 ft. Anyways, I've looked into soldering and re-drilling out my jet to a smaller size, but I'd rather order new jets if possible. If anyone finds jets for this carb I need some recommendations as to what size would work best for 7200 ft. Thanks!!

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
I've been doing some research and I did find jets for this carburetor (cns gen b) from Dellorto Direct... Hopefully they work! This Carburetor uses 6mm thread size rather than the 5mm thread size found on the stock NT carbs. To anyone who is interested, here's where you can find jets for the cns gen B carb and also the NT carb.

CNS GEN. B carburetor Jets can be found here:

Dellorto 6mm Main Jet [D6413] : Dellorto Direct, Dellorto Carburetors

NT carburetor jets can be found here:

Sick Bike Parts

escout

May 11, 2011
Wyoming
Nah, I'm still waiting on the mail...Should be anyday now. I ended up buying a drill set too in case I didn't get the right size so I can solder and re-drill them. I don't know if you have looked into that option or not. I'll keep you posted though...

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
Interesting, I been wanting to make up some CNS jets. Example, maybe 2 smaller ones, (#73 & #74) and two larger ones (#71 & #70). Using these for test purpose. The hang up was what size of thread is used on the jets, its not 6M X 1mm for sure, because I got a 6M X 1mm bolt and it won't thread down the hole, It will start, maybe the starting thread then stop. Using my thread gauge it is much closer to a 6M X 0.75mm or 6M X 0.70mm. A 6M X 075mm is a rare thread. I have coming a 6M X 0.75mm die, then I will make a bolt and try it again. This will answer the question for sure.

I have a thread posted, " Need help on the CNS Carburetor," I would appreciate heard from you once you get your jets. It appears you are somewhat like me, my bikes (3 of them) runs just fine. But being old and retired, and who has purchased a garage full of tools (toys). Who totally feel guilt each time I go into the garage for not using them. This project is just fun and want to see if I can improve my bikes. Beside I see also something else with the jets that may help them perform better.

packeryman

Aug 4, 2008
Interesting, I been wanting to make up some CNS jets. Example, maybe 2 smaller ones, (#73 & #74) and two larger ones (#71 & #70). Using these for test purpose. The hang up was what size of thread is used on the jets, its not 6M X 1mm for sure, because I got a 6M X 1mm bolt and it won't thread down the hole, It will start, maybe the starting thread then stop. Using my thread gauge it is much closer to a 6M X 0.75mm or 6M X 0.70mm. A 6M X 075mm is a rare thread. I have coming a 6M X 0.75mm die, then I will make a bolt and try it again. This will answer the question for sure.

I have a thread posted, " Need help on the CNS Carburetor," I would appreciate heard from you once you get your jets. It appears you are somewhat like me, my bikes (3 of them) runs just fine. But being old and retired, and who has purchased a garage full of tools (toys). Who totally feel guilt each time I go into the garage for not using them. This project is just fun and want to see if I can improve my bikes. Beside I see also something else with the jets that may help them perform better.
CARB - CARB SPARES - FITTINGS - The dellorto (6mm) is 6mm x .75mm
beedspeed.com/html.../CarbJetsFilterReferenceGuide/carb-jets-filter

Last edited:

porkchop

Jul 13, 2012
Illinois
oldstub?jets are pipe threads.. bolt threads & pipe threads are different they do not inter change...just my 2 cents worth.
i need smaller jets for the latest CNS style carb,my jets are not marked..