What’s Best Equip. for Car Carrying Motorized Bike?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Nehmo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. spiderskzes

spiderskzes Member

Wow that blows my mind lol i had estimated they weighed around 50 pounds hahah i live on the second story in my town house so icant believe ive been lugging up and down 100+ pounds this whole time(my stairs are to steep to roll it)

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

3. spiderskzes

spiderskzes Member

i was thinking maybe those predetor motor bikes weigh that much but my bike is pretty stripped down to the basics

4. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

5. MEASURE TWICE

MEASURE TWICE Active Member

This is on sale at HF ($40) and although it is way too short in length, someone with the time to void warranty and weld a bit more length. If I really wanted this kind of set up and were to mod it and put in a floor or something to cradle the wheels, it would be a job, but the thing as it is has a 500 lbs rating.

There were 4 reviews, one said something about not fitting their hitch, and another said tail pipe put hot exhaust on the stuff. Others gave good review and so well as I say:

Just a thought!

MT

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-steel-cargo-carrier-69623.html

#25 MEASURE TWICE, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  6. msrfan

msrfan Active Member

I take my cell phone in case of breakdowns. Some taxi services have vans. I can call AAA. They tow bikes all the time.

7. moonerdizzle

moonerdizzle New Member

when i had to get a ride with my motor bike, i found a emtpy soda bottle, drained all my gas, and then laid the bike down in the trunk,