what size is the Stock Chain?

GoldenMotor.com

whosworkinthegrill

Oct 21, 2008
San Clemente, Ca.
Thank you. But that brings a new question. why have I heard of guys upgrading to a 415 chain. or that they are expensive? or that they need to grind the front sproket to make it fit? I'm confused.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
If you put an American, or other chain up with the stock chain you will know. I keep the chain that comes with the kits in case it's sunday and I break one, very unlikely.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
My latest bike build is the GT "deuce"

I was wondering if anyone has used bike chain?

Did it stretch or break?

I would think that if the sprockets were modified you could use regular bike chain. It should be able to handle the horsepower.

The rear tire and fender are wide on this bike, I need more clearance without making major modifications.

Jim

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
My latest bike build is the GT "deuce"

I was wondering if anyone has used bike chain?

Did it stretch or break?

I would think that if the sprockets were modified you could use regular bike chain. It should be able to handle the horsepower.

The rear tire and fender are wide on this bike, I need more clearance without making major modifications.

Jim
I'm using BMX YBN 1/2-1/8 half links. It's definitely a lot lighter, and I think even more durable. It broke my motorcycle chain breakers. Toughest chain I have encountered.:D

It has'nt break, and I don't think it stretches that much...