What is this?

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
I took apart the spare parts(cracked) engine just to look at it and think about porting the piston on the intake side. I found this inside the bottom next to the crank weight. It feels like a piece of a gasket. I didn't notice this when I had it apart before. I've heard of others finding junk in there. Anyone know what this is? Also the ports on the cylinder look perfect. I've seen some real bad ones in pics and on YouTube. If I do buy any more of these engines I will probably go back to the same seller. Both cylinders I got look great.
1115221342.jpg

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Who's the seller? And what motor? It looks like a piece of gasket that got torn... Makes me wonder if it's from the gasket on your motor?

Reactions: 2stroker412

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
Who's the seller? And what motor? It looks like a piece of gasket that got torn... Makes me wonder if it's from the gasket on your motor?
I got a complete kit including the bike on eBay. The seller is U-Moto. Great customer service. He gives you his cell number so you can text or call him with questions or problems. He also has step by step instruction videos on YouTube. It's the average 66cc 2 stroke China girl as they say. They are the higher quality kits.

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
Has anyone else had good experiences buying kits/engines on eBay or Amazon? What sellers have you bought from?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have four engines I’ve bought from eBay over the years, all have been fairly good after tuning. The oldest one is from BGF, it’s 11 years old.

2stroker412

Oct 31, 2022
I have four engines I’ve bought from eBay over the years, all have been fairly good after tuning. The oldest one is from BGF, it’s 11 years old.
Are they all 66cc or different ones? Were any of them the older cheaper quality ones with the smaller studs, smaller ports, etc.? Do you return to one or two sellers? I've seen vids on YouTube where guys just talk real bad about eBay/Amazon sellers. These are probably dealers trying to boost their own sales. People that don't know any better would just believe the guy on YouTube and stay away from some good sellers. Of course I wouldn't buy from a seller that just happens to have some engine kits in their warehouse along with a bunch of totally unrelated stuff. You should buy from a seller that knows what they are selling.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
BGF has been a seller on ebay for a long time, I've always had a good experience dealing with them. I have three of the older style with 6mm mounting studs and two newer with 8mm studs, I have three 48cc engines, one 66cc and one 74cc. The 74cc is a 69cc with a big bore cylinder upgrade on it, still the most fun to ride for me is one of my 48cc bikes, my avatar is a 2010 aluminum frame ocean Pacific beach cruiser that has held up better than I could ask.