What are some upgrades that *really* made a difference?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tony your experience is different than mine, I found the opposite. Here in Georgia we have some very challenging motor sports parks, with trails that will test your equipment. There was no way to keep a 2 stroke in the power band to climb some of these trails, on the other hand a 4 stroke would. I have owned both and enjoyed each, only for different reasons. The 2 stroke was for flat out on a track and the 4 stroke was for climbing the trails. Anything smaller than a 250cc had to stay off the expert trails.

Reactions: Dan

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Tony your experience is different than mine, I found the opposite. Here in Georgia we have some very challenging motor sports parks, with trails that will test your equipment. There was no way to keep a 2 stroke in the power band to climb some of these trails, on the other hand a 4 stroke would. I have owned both and enjoyed each, only for different reasons. The 2 stroke was for flat out on a track and the 4 stroke was for climbing the trails. Anything smaller than a 250cc had to stay off the expert trails.
Those fours are more forgiving for jetting errors only due to most having a timing chain driven systems and manage their own oil.

Little lean won't kill a 4t like a 2t sometimes I wish I had trail experience... my experience is only limited to 4 stroke go karting but as far as dirt biking I'm not the guy to call haha... my Asian and white friends would laugh they asses off if they see me slide down a trail lol

Word of mouth- "Black Americans do go karting, off road riding, 4 wheeling, and a little of mudding but we stick to street in the event of 2 wheels."

Ever popped a rear tire and did a full 360 spin without falling at 40mph?

Make you feel bullet proof.

Good luck.

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
The best bolt-on performance item is the bike itself.

If you can't pedal a bike comfortably and at a good cruising speed without struggling, your engine will have the same problem.

I get around on a 3 speed averaging 27 miles a day from time to time.

Kills my knees though on a big body up right cruiser I believe in going faster to maintain top speed which rolls hand in hand with my endurance plus candace.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
I've highlighted the key term. Might want to research this.....

This is a shift kit.

Here we go again shift kit blah blah Jack shaft fine **** it I'll buy one then when I'm tired of staring at the **** on my bike I'll proudly set it on fire or send it to my redneck friends in VA to shoot da **** OUT OF IT..

-.- I asked did the HUB SPROCKET RAG JOINT FIT ON THE NEXUS 3 HUB... NOT about the SHIFTKIT/JACKSHIT KIT.

Not here to get buttons pressed I didn't ask a single question about that ... in a minute I'm about to be like bikelife and say **** opinions.

$90.00 ******* dollars.... pshh please!!

Here's the kit
https://www.ebay.com/i/162690206474...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1357901302114

When I get back from smoking my cig I don't want to here another word about a jackasskit.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Also don't forget to talk into the intake every night promotes better fuel flow :))
Port and polish...ahhh....

Basically your lightly grinding down the port til it has a very shiny smooth finish do not go all the way into the into the hug as you may chip the bores finish.

The key to port and polishing is not removing a lot of material or alter the ports shape.

Can be done with a dremel and a couple of dremel bits it is done to smooth the intake or exhaust port flow in 2 stroke thus improving it's overall power.

To break it down at the max the more air/fuel you can cram in the more power your 2 stroke can produce.

How ever a 4 strokes faster off the line acceleration 2 strokes accel after a certain speed due to its less moving parts but is more powerful and easier to modify Vs 2T.
Just so you know everyone's mods is not built to suit your needs that's an area where you have to feel for your self.

It's kind of like jetting what works for them may not work for you but base settings stay relatively the same bases on sea level.

I could sit here and tell you go dual ignition it's the best but that don't mean it will fire on yours like it does on mine because no two engines are exactly the same or tuned the same.
More wrong put a 2t Honda next to a 4 stroke with no mods the 2 stroke will lagg off the line but the 4 will slow down toward the mid range thus getting passed by the 2 stroke.

The reason the 250cc is faster is because HP and cc are not equivalent of each other.

Per 1 HP is about 13-17ccs depending on how well laid out and HP and cc are not the same measurement.

That don't provide a dang excuse why a scooter beat the **** out a ferrari.

An HP rated motor has a bigger crankshaft then a cc motor...

Put it this way, if you had to carry 2 gallons of whiskey and run 5 miles while the other guy ran 5 miles while drinking it he would be faster then you.

Cause his drunk ass don't have to carry it....

Just cause you build something like everyone else don't mean your right in every area...

There's thousands of guys that can do the same crap like you in a different direction so NO ONES WRONG HERE.

I MAY NOT BE VERY TECHNOLOGICAL WITH WORDING BUT I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

At the end of the day it boils down to who's the fastest, weight, and balancing the power under the hood or on the chassis.

I agree with the top end statement though.

"I ant no damn racer and I believe in fundamentals of a basic engine."

Those fours are more forgiving for jetting errors only due to most having a timing chain driven systems and manage their own oil.

Little lean won't kill a 4t like a 2t sometimes I wish I had trail experience... my experience is only limited to 4 stroke go karting but as far as dirt biking I'm not the guy to call haha... my Asian and white friends would laugh they asses off if they see me slide down a trail lol

Word of mouth- "Black Americans do go karting, off road riding, 4 wheeling, and a little of mudding but we stick to street in the event of 2 wheels."

Ever popped a rear tire and did a full 360 spin without falling at 40mph?

Make you feel bullet proof.

Good luck.

What does any of this have to do with what you did to make your bike better?

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Here we go again shift kit blah blah Jack shaft fine **** it I'll buy one then when I'm tired of staring at the **** on my bike I'll proudly set it on fire or send it to my redneck friends in VA to shoot da **** OUT OF IT..

-.- I asked did the HUB SPROCKET RAG JOINT FIT ON THE NEXUS 3 HUB... NOT about the SHIFTKIT/JACKSHIT KIT.

Not here to get buttons pressed I didn't ask a single question about that ... in a minute I'm about to be like bikelife and say **** opinions.

$90.00 ******* dollars.... pshh please!!

Here's the kit
https://www.ebay.com/i/162690206474?chn=ps&dispItem=1&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fi%252F162690206474%253Fchn%253Dps%2526dispItem%253D1%26itemid%3D162690206474%26targetid%3D376609301695%26device%3Dm%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9033251%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D936467927%26adgroupid%3D47513584075%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-376609301695%26abcId%3D1129666%26merchantid%3D8511754%26gclid%3DCjwKCAiA0IXQBRA2EiwAMODil3Nmm3vW2_OK6wtpZFQfbNt0w27GUnA49nxmwt1hUwqqTHQ_A5FI9RoCaoQQAvD_BwE%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1357901302114

When I get back from smoking my cig I don't want to here another word about a jackasskit.
What he was trying to tell you is look it up, GOOGLE IT. if you actually knew what a shift kit was, then you'd know there is no rag joint sprocket on it. you got issues man.