Western Flyer BTR

GoldenMotor.com

Ragnarok

May 26, 2014
Baytown, Texas
anota, I know this you might find it too costly, but wanted to share with you or anyone else needing electric start. These parts will fit Honda GC135, 160, and 190 ENGINES.

Robin, below are the list of Honda parts requested. The starter is in stock the other parts would need to be ordered and would be available to ship in 7-10 business days. If I can assist further, email or call.

93500-05008-0A GROUND CABLE MOUNTING SCREW 1 $ .54
31110-Z0L-831 FLYWHEEL W / RING GEAR 1 $ 30.50
31220-Z0L-821 STARTER MOTOR 1 $ 90.58

90001-Z0L-820 MOUNTING BOLT 2 .75 X 2=$1.50

32222-Z0L-830 GROUND CABLE 1 $ 11.34

Shipping $ 30.00

Total delivered $164.50

Thank you,
Cliff
888-862-2386 ext.822

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Thanks Ragnarok but for now im set!! Im already in over my head as is

Stripped the engine down took the tank off. Going to work on finding a old air tank that will fit perfectly in the frame or have someone weld a glass pack muffler-

What I really want to do is cut the fins off the flywheel and bolt like a brass cup on so I can do a pull rope start. What do you guys think? I can saw them off and then take an angle grinder to them until theyre flush- will it mess with the engine?

Also now I need a carb and muffler-

I want a muffler with a flapper on it!!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Taking the fins off don't effect the flywheel any. So go ahead and grind them off and if it don't look good cover it with metal disk and polish it. It has been done a lot on the forum by a lot of guys.........Curt

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Ground down flywheel today still have alittle to go

Have some parts ordered:
- Copper tubing
-Glass Sediment bowl
-Speedometer
- Rear Axle Kick stand

Bike pieces needed are:
-cvt
-22mm Carb
-chains
-tank
-Sprocket

Attachments

Last edited:

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Really appreciated the pm man! Im going to grind it all flush but im stoked about how its coming

Ive decided not to cut up the other red cruiser and maybe hold onto that for the future!

That chromoly 'vintage' mtb Im going to cut up- it was my plan in the first place!

heres my thoughts

Attachments

Ragnarok

May 26, 2014
Baytown, Texas
OK good! So you can put the engine pto shaft ABOVE the centerline of the axles and the pedalshaft, and run the chain above it also. You may find it helpful to runan idler sprocket also on the lower half of the chain from the comet cvt drive to control the slack and maintain tension so you don,t get "slap". In the past, I have used a ratchet arrangement from a come-a-long do it will be self-adjusting and is easy to remove tension when operating repairs.....

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Stripped the engine of carb/ exhaust and have been polishing it up. I have a comet torque converter coming in. Waiting on what to do about the carb!

Anyone no where I can get a pre fabbed motor mount? Hopefully getting the frame welded up this weekend

Attachments

Ragnarok

May 26, 2014
Baytown, Texas
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Motor-Mount-G...Engine-Mount-GX160-GX200-Briggs-/191061430104

Looking good anota! I believe honda briggs and the clones in that displacement all use the same plate mounting dimensions...so go to ebay and look up GX160 steel mounting plates and it sjould come up...they usually give hole/slot dimensions as well as the plate size, so double check the bottom of your motor to make sure they match up with your GC.

Last edited:

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
Butchl i think Ill go that route and get a plate and do it myself!

Stuff came in yesterday! Very happy about the torque converter coming in so fast. As of now I have a mock up of the frame and ive been working on the engine mostly- Bike hasnt been touched yet:/

I plan on using the stock carb Im going to figure out how to put a kit throttle on it. Im going to keep grinding the flywheel flush!

I now have a torque converter, glass fuel filter, #41 chain, and cheapo speedometer

Attachments

Ragnarok

May 26, 2014
Baytown, Texas
Anota what about the mounting plate on the pressur washer? Can you cut it loose? A jig saw saws-all or a cut-off wheel in your grinder might get it out.

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
haha no the cable is just in the box!

I was thinking of using the pressure washer plate but holds the rear axle onto the frame and I was going to convert that into a trailer/ surfboard carrier for this bike.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
It may be the angle of the picture..but it looks like the motor shaft is to short for the torque converter, Not 100% sure on this as I am very new to the CVT. I do know the motor comes with along.and a short shaft.version.