Well, I got my engine kit today...

GoldenMotor.com

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
The box was way smaller than I thought it would be. No paperwork, so I checked everything in manually. One plastic bag was opened, don't know why or if anything is missing. I will start work on it tomorrow afternoon. The gas tank seems clean. In fact, everything seems fine. I will scrutinize tomorrow, but so far I am happy
Engine Kit.jpg
! Happy Times!

Reactions: Greg58

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you run into problems don't hesitate to ask, there's always someone on line. Also YouTube will show you a lot.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Whenever I install one of these kits, I always start with bolting on the rear sprocket first!
Make sure it spins perfectly straight & is centered as perfect as possible so that you don't have issues with the chain coming off while riding. (spinning the wheel after it's installed is a good way to see how straight it is).

Next, I'll install the engine, then the clutch lever & then the chain.... (pulling the clutch lever helps to install the chain).

Last, after the wheel, engine & chain are installed; I'll install all the other parts.

This section has a lot of good technical advice on issues you're going to encounter.... https://motorbicycling.com/forums/instructions-for-building-and-repairing-motorized.30/

Reactions: Greg58

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
You have built some cool bikes! I had no idea this sport was even out there, and I think it will only get bigger. I am glad I am getting into it. I have a feeling this is going to be a great hobby! I am definitely going to true the wheels and align the sprockets. I am also going to do that clutch bracket/roller wheel mod by largefillipino. I like doing performance mods. Your link to the CA DMV for the motorized bikes returns a 404 error, btw, but I found the page. We do not have to do this in AZ, but I printed out the statute to carry with me regarding what is legal in AZ. We have a 48cc/20mph limit. I will be putting a 48cc decal on my engine ;-).

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I agree with Norm, If using the kit mount I install the sprocket then put the wheel back on the bike and spin the wheel making adjustments till it spins true. It's the best way I've found. This is done with the bike upside down sitting on the handle bars and seat.

Reactions: Apache Bronco

Jotoman66

Jul 23, 2019
It actually unlikely that you have to register but that actually varies by state. In some states they require you to register your vehicle like the state of new york but since no complete data on your gas bike be compiled, submitted and verified by your local transportation authority. Nors there even a license or some sort of insurance company that would insure a bicycle with an i.c.e kit due to them being highly liable to theft, mechanical wear etc. theres no way to legally ride a bicycle with a i.c.e kit. (short for internal combustion engine) other then going on a race track.