weird engine problems

GoldenMotor.com

aussie_ride_n_pride

Mar 11, 2011
Select State
Hello all i have been watching this forum for a long time but have finally become a member :).

Ok i have bought a skyhawk gt5 badboy 66 cc engine
I have bought the cns carb and sick bike parts expasion chamber and installed both, i wanted power from the get go .

When i started her up it was crazy i had to almost just give it no throttle beacuse i didint want to go flying when breaking it in.

One morning about 1 tank after break in, i was riding for about 3 to 4km and the engine just died. I tryed and tryed to get it started but it wouldent. I changed the spark plug and that did the trick.

But now when i ride it it just doesnt feel the same i would use too accerlate and hit the band at about 30km/h then rev right throught to about 65 to 75km/h, no im flat out out doing 50 and doesnt run smooth, wat could the problem be?? i havent changed a single thing and i think when the spark plug went it wreked the engine?? i hope not
Thanks please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martinz zpt

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Didja use a quality replacement plug & gap it? While opinions vary as to what's the "best" on average it seems folks are happy with a NGK B6HS gapped somewhere between no less than .020" & no more than .030"

There;s also the stock plug cap - known for being shoddy & falling apart, easily replaced (it unscrews frm the wire), check your local motorcycle/lawn care stores for single replacements.

Hope ya get it sorted man & welcome to the place ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
need a quick reply please !!!!!!
o_O

erm... jus' ta letcha know - generally speaking forums aren't in "real time", it takes a lil while for ppl to reply and ofc it's 4am EST (eailer PST ofc) and... well most of the memberbase is stateside *shrug* Always happy to get more diversity tho w/o a doubt.

yea... I don't sleep much heh :oops:

aussie_ride_n_pride

Mar 11, 2011
Select State
Hehe sorry i thought yanks neva sleep :p
and i changed it with a ngk b6hs gaped at .20
i also changed it with a car igintion lead im just stumped about this know wat the problem is??

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Didja change the plug wire at the same time? Some don't work very well w/our feeble mags, if it's a good, stranded copper wire core it's not the prob tho :( It might not be the plug & wire, could be the mag - check for moisture under the cover...

Other than that it's the usual check plug tip color & look fer gasket leaks (intake head and base)...

aussie_ride_n_pride

Mar 11, 2011
Select State
ok i will have a look but i know for sure i have the intake sealed on both ends and i know the head and base is not leaking could it be the magneto???
I know for sure it is a sports inducter core lol ??? i thought the motor has more power after break in not less lol or could it be the carb itself??
cheers Martin

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
what is your fuel mix? you using 20 to 1? or 32 to 1?
have you soldered all wiring connections or used an ohm meter making sure all terminals are electrically bonded?
Main jet size?