Weird airbox design on Huasheng engines?

GoldenMotor.com

DavidCP

Dec 28, 2017
I've noticed something weird in the design of the Huasheng engines. It looks like the engine was designed to allow blowback from the engine directly to the air filter. There's a fuel line that runs between the two bypassing the carb. This probably improves performance during operation and the saturated sponge-like air filter likely helps catch particles and subsequently helps ensure the air filter remains clean but this brings about one small problem....

The air filter leaks gasoline when the engine isn't running. It's only a small amount of gasoline that leaks from it when parked but it seems like a weird design choice.

Can someone explain to me if i'm understanding this design choice correctly? Or if there's another reason it was done like this?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
It is a crank case breather tube, along with gas vent tube, eases gas is probably come from choke when you use it, they will spit back some"...............Curt

CrazyDan

Apr 9, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
I have no petcock/fuel shutoff and never have gas drip out my filter. Your float might be too high or debris is stuck in the inlet keeping it partially open at all times.