weight limits

Discussion in '2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits' started by j3000, May 25, 2012.

1. j3000

j3000 New Member

I was wondering about weight limits with a 2 stroke engine. My weight is 285 so I need something I can pedal a while then have it bring me back home when I am done. But also I was wondering about straight riding strength on a 2 stroke engine. If I don't feel like pedaling will a 2 stroke engine get me from point a to point b.

thank you for your time, Jason

2. Pilotgeek

Pilotgeek New Member

My 66cc two stroke with a 40 tooth sprocket cruises at around 26-28mph, and tops out at around 32mph. I can climb a pretty steep grade of 10-15 degrees at around 24-25mph, and a mild incline with a little wind usually shows no real difference in speed. I have no expansion chamber, just stock exhaust, but I did mess with jetting and porting/skirt trimming a bit. I weigh 250, so I imagine it would perform similarly with you, and a stock 44t sprocket would do well. HOWEVER, you may want to think about getting a friction drive if you will be pedalling it a lot. The transmission and chain moves on the in-frame 2 strokes when you pedal the bike, which creates a bit more resistance. If you use a master link, it's possible to remove the chain until you need it.

#2 Pilotgeek, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  3. beach cruiser

beach cruiser Member

The DAX Friction Drive set-up allows you to disengage the drive system by simply lifting the engine bracket and locking it in place (up off the tire) thus enabling you to pedal w/o any resistance.

4. BikeBerry.com

BikeBerry.com Dealer

Nice! thank you for not only putting your weight but the actual speeds you reach on your rides, and the kind of roads you hit when your riding. Great advice! Have a good day!.shft.

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Fo'Sho'!!! Great advice guys!

#5 Bikeguy Joe, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. j3000

j3000 New Member

thank you for the information.I really appreciate itbrnot