Wal-Mart bike

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Regardless, he has a point.

No matter how new the sparkplug, boot and wire is, they're low quality and made in china.

You can replace your stock boot and wire with something USA made with a copper wire core, and replace the china built spark plug with something from NGK. There are a lot of threads on replacement spark plugs, which isn't a bad thing to replace right out of the gates. It wouldn't hurt to keep the ones it came with though, but I wouldn't do anything more with them than keep them in the bike bag to replace a possible plug going out on you just to get you home.

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
Regardless, he has a point.

No matter how new the sparkplug, boot and wire is, they're low quality and made in china.

You can replace your stock boot and wire with something USA made with a copper wire core, and replace the china built spark plug with something from NGK. There are a lot of threads on replacement spark plugs, which isn't a bad thing to replace right out of the gates. It wouldn't hurt to keep the ones it came with though, but I wouldn't do anything more with them than keep them in the bike bag to replace a possible plug going out on you just to get you home.
the whole engine is made in china lol.

i wont fix something that's not broken.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
the whole engine is made in china lol.

i wont fix something that's not broken.
It's not about fixing something that's not broken, it's about being preemptive on something that will break, and as well is a great performance and reliability upgrade. Spark plugs are selected not only for their temperature rating in how they burn - but also you want a plug dependant on your climate, and I doubt you have the same weather as they have in china. It's not like it's an expensive thing either, it's like 5 -10 dollars to get a new plug, cable and boot.

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
It's not about fixing something that's not broken, it's about being preemptive on something that will break, and as well is a great performance and reliability upgrade. Spark plugs are selected not only for their temperature rating in how they burn - but also you want a plug dependant on your climate, and I doubt you have the same weather as they have in china. It's not like it's an expensive thing either, it's like 5 -10 dollars to get a new plug, cable and boot.
I cant get one around here they dont sell them at my local wal-mart

Also i am broke as dirt. i barely have enough money to buy oil at this point

not trying to be a jerk to you guys but i just cant afford to replace stuff on the engine right now

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, definitely be sure to keep it in mind for one of the first upgrades you do when you do have the money for it. You mentioned there was a motorcycle shop nearby - when your bike is running it wouldn't hurt to bring it in and see what they have that would work and check out their inventory, doesn't cost money price it out. :D

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
Well, definitely be sure to keep it in mind for one of the first upgrades you do when you do have the money for it. You mentioned there was a motorcycle shop nearby - when your bike is running it wouldn't hurt to bring it in and see what they have that would work and check out their inventory, doesn't cost money price it out. :D
Good idea man
I just spent 9$ tonight buying copper joints to make a new carb mount.

The new mount is very much more soild then the crappy hose i was using

anyways the bad news is the copper is expensive as heck now.
2 little parts.

a 45 elbow and a male coupler was like 9$ almost....
I'll take some pictures of the adapter soon because i made it differently then the other guy who used this bike.
So we will see how that goes

Also wanted to give an update that the chain DOES rub the chainstay on the bottom of the frame and the top

but with 1 chain roller included in the kit you can stop either 1 that you choose

So what i'm planning on doing is putting the roller on the top and slightly bending the chainstay out some on the bottom.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Also wanted to give an update that the chain DOES rub the chainstay on the bottom of the frame and the top

but with 1 chain roller included in the kit you can stop either 1 that you choose

So what i'm planning on doing is putting the roller on the top and slightly bending the chainstay out some on the bottom.
That doesn't sound right.

On mine I hit the chainstay and the tire.

Yeah, a couple of washers and the tensioner will fix the chainstay hit. I just got a thinner tire to fix the tire hit.

Don't ride it until you fix any chain hit issues. That can cause you to wreck bad.

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
That doesn't sound right.

On mine I hit the chainstay and the tire.

Yeah, a couple of washers and the tensioner will fix the chainstay hit. I just got a thinner tire to fix the tire hit.

Don't ride it until you fix any chain hit issues. That can cause you to wreck bad.

What way is your plate mounted

chrome side facing the spokes or away from them

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
washers it out move the alxe to the coaster brake side a little so you get a full nut on it an us the chain tenesioner to fix it
The bike does not have coaster brakes
It has a cassette in the back
How exactly do i move it over?

I sort of understand but not fully.
Thanks for the help

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
On the left side of the axle add some washers. (Inside of the frame on the axle) This will flex out the rear of the frame, and should be just enough to get the chain to clear it.

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
On the left side of the axle add some washers. (Inside of the frame on the axle) This will flex out the rear of the frame, and should be just enough to get the chain to clear it.
Thanks guys really appreciate the help.

Also got any tips for centerting the rag pad

Mines off center really bad on 1 side and i dont know how to true it

Should i use shims or something?