Wal-Mart bike

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It's stupid how my
Kit the z80 front mount fits the genesis tube but not anything else. I bought the z50 kit and a grubee 66cc kit and neither of the front mount fit the frame at all. I had to order sick bikes parts U mount

Haughnph

Nov 6, 2011
El Paso
OH man just fiinished mine and it was so teadious to find what works. Yes the stock mounsdont fit right. You have to mod mod and when you are done modding mod again. I have not chain tensioner with a 44t I also have 7m mounting bolts at 1.5 in length. to I had to cut the backside mount in half cause I had the cast aluminium brackets instead of the stamped iron strap type. I then had to cut my pipe. hein sight I shoulda just bent it. I could not find the right size copper tubing so I made and intake out of pvc 1/2". HOpe it works lol going to bed I am zombie. I better have fun with this thing otherwise I am just a sad little man with tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time. DMAN PCV IS NOT A WORKABLE SUBSTRATE AT LEAST I GOT IT WORKING
yo no gusto CNS
when I make it 90cc maybe

Last edited:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Hey gang,

I saw the Genesis Two Nine in my local Walmart about 4 months back and was very impressed with it. I had my GT5 hooked-up to an old steel 26" MB from 1990 which had seen better days; my first encounter with the Two Nine convinced me it was time to adjust to the 21st-century. The Two Nine is $200 @ Walmart, but for some reason, the online price for the BLUE model is $170...I suppose it's less popular. In any case, it is identical to the red and neon-green models, and the online price included free-delivery to my Walmart. As an added bonus, the bike ships unassembled. I liked this since it saves me the process of disassembling an inhouse Walmart build, which I would have done to be sure everything was assembled to my satisfaction.

I weigh 280# and am 6'3", the Two Nine turned out to be a good compliment to my physique.

So, I successfully transfered my GT5 from my old steel-MB (for which the GT5's mounting hardware was made), to the Two Nine with a minimum of frustration. The first thing I did once I had it out of the box was to remove ALL the stickers as I think they look silly. The next thing I did was remove the sprocket cassette on the rear (special tool) and then swap the axle-nuts: the left-nut is half the depth of the right-nut. Swapping them moves the rear-wheel about 0.5cm to the right and provides adequate clearance for the #41 roller-chain I prefer (and highly recommend). The mounting-hardware for the GT5 is inadequate for the Two Nine's frame. Although the rear saddle will fit over the seatpost, its incident angle is such that the top of the saddle takes all the pressure, there is a gap between the post and saddle towards the base. I corrected this by packing it with JB Weld before tightening it down. For the front mount, I used the "drill through the frame" hardware that came with the GT5 kit and some bailing-wire (temporary until I get some pipe-clamps. The center-hole of the metal beam that comes with the kit fits well over the bottom "water-bottle" bolt on the downpost, and helps not only to center the engine, but also locks vertically. Here I also used some JB Weld to fill in gaps between hardware and frame before tightening. Yes, I used bailing-wire to hold it down for the time being; that stuff works great if you have the patience to "sew" it in properly.
The Two Nine has vertical dropouts, so this precludes the ability to fine-tune chain-tension. On my previous build, I didn't use the supplied tensioner. You'll need the tensioner too if you have. GT5 and don't have a #41 half-link. I have a half-link on order; and you can see in my pics what a differnce that can make between the need for a tensioner and no need at all. As for the crappy tensioner provided with the kit, it actually works great if you take the time to adjust it properly. The chainstay on the Two Nine is out-of-round, this makes it ideal for the tensioner as this prevents the tensioner from rotating into your spokes. However, the chainstay also bends OUT as it heads toward the axle. To compensate, I needed to twist the tensioner bearing inward about 10-degrees, you can see this in the pics. Everything else was cool; the tank fits perfectly, and the handlebars are standard diameter at the ends, so the hardware fits. The cussions are a pain in the butt to remove, the trick is to roll the ends down about 1/8th and then PULL. My kit came with the CNS carb with the Z-intake (offset), which works perfectly with the NT Speed carb I replaced it with. One downer is that since the tires are longer, my tourque took a noticible dive; next step: larger rear sprocket!

Check out the pics:
http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=1057

.mbv.

Last edited: