Vintage style chopper

GoldenMotor.com

Zug

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
Ok, so now take three.
So I had this Idea of a boardtrack racer with this ugly chopper frame.
and heres what came out.

so, let me know what you think.
it is the first one I've done and I'm trying to get onto the next one already.
these things are fun.

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Hmmm . . . a boardtrack chopper. Looks sorta like a Paul Jr. ratbike.

I like it. I like the use of the gate hinges. I like to use whatever will work. If you filled the screw holes not many would know what they were.

You might want to take a link or two out of the chain. On the initial adjustment of the tensioner, put the roller all the way down so you'll have room to adjust as the chain stretches.

Ted

Last edited:

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Zug where did you get the saddle? I'm tossing around ideas for a layback retro saddle. I like the looks of that one.

I just picked up two different styles of double hay rake teeth at Tractor Supply. The spacing between the springs is about right for a saddle. We'll see.

Ted

themark

Oct 16, 2008
Tokyo
That's....interesting to be sure. Your attention to detail, and clever use of off-the-shelf hardware to fab parts is really cool. Scary lack of brake power, but must be a fun ride. My only comment would be that IMHO it'll achieve that boardtrack look more if you drop the vintage headlight, flip those bars over, and lower that seat. Streamline to the T

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
ZUG! Everybody wants your bike dude, run, RUN!!!!

...welcome aboard. Your bike is very 'not normal', you'll do great here.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i think one of the best parts is that someone finally made use of that gap and put the tank where it belongs. i wonder what some big custom fenders would look like?