vibrations

GoldenMotor.com

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
I get this vibration that seems to be coming from my chain when i hit 20mph.at 25mph It starts to go away.what is causing this?I totally removed my chain tensioner and that made a little better but not gone.Does my crank need balanced?

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
hey now,thanks for your reply.I have the "Raw RacerIII with the reed valve mounted on a Huffy hybrid beach cruiser.The reed valve hasnt been installed yet cause supposed to break in motor first with NT red carb.Im near time to make the exchange but I dont want to till I solve this.Ive already broken 3 chains.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
hey now,thanks for your reply.I have the "Raw RacerIII with the reed valve mounted on a Huffy hybrid beach cruiser.The reed valve hasnt been installed yet cause supposed to break in motor first with NT red carb.Im near time to make the exchange but I dont want to till I solve this.Ive already broken 3 chains.
If you're breaking chains?, that means you have sprocket problems!!!
Make sure the rear sprocket is centered on the hub as perfectly as possible & it also doesn't wobble side to side when you spin the wheel.... next is to make sure the rear sprocket is in line with the engine sprocket so the chain isn't doing the 'crab' as is spins.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
hey thank you for your response.Im gonna try that next .My current one does have a small wobble.Something has to give cause this vibration is causing problems.If I didnt have this vib. my bike would fly.