User opinions on this Flexible exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
Hi All,
I recently put this on a build that needed the flexibility and since it was not for me I didn't want to go the custom welded route if I could avoid it. Problem is the engine is running like a real dog. No power throughout the RPM band. I don't know if it is the pipe for sure or if I should be checking something else. For me to test another pipe I'd have to fabricate something. Any input from anyone that has tried one would be greatly appreciated. I'd expect at least stock muffler performance but I'm definitely getting less than that.
One thing that I do know for sure is that the opening for the exhaust right at the flange is very small compared to other exhausts. I know this is a sign of restriction but I was hoping to get at least stock muffler performance out of it. It seems that the method of attaching the flexible portion is by crimping it on and I believe this crimp is too restrictive.
Thanks

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
this same chamber came with my gt 80 kit i ran it for about 10 mins before cutting it up and building a new one i used 3/4 conduit to make it over worked better but not great ended up ordering a 1979 suziki rm 60 x chamber and man what a differance went from about 25 to ovver 40 instantly i lost some low end tork but gained top end trash that pipe try a good pipe sick bikes or jnm motors

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
is that not the viper exhaust? they don't work at all?
how about the big bertha, voodoo, speed demon, and SBP pipes??
anyone got reviews on those??

from my research,
the viper and voodoo both got fairly bad reviews, no better (if not worse) than stock.

the speed demon favors the upper end too much to be useful for any real torque gain.

the big bertha is ok, but burns your leg if not heavily wrapped, and is constantly in the way, especially when heavily wrapped...

sbp's "tunable" pipe got the best reviews of all, with aprox a 45% gain in overall torque, and a slight gain on top end speed...

that sound about right???

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I was more interested to see responses of those who have experience with flexible exhaust-pipe...but oh well.

I have a VooDoo exhaust and have been happily using it for about 3-years. I get a higher top-speed and better torque than with the standard. I cut the pipe near the flange, slipped a 1/2" copper coupler in, and wired the expansion-chamber to my frame. This eliminates the vibration you get from that tuning-fork of a standard muffler. No thread-stripping or loosened nuts, thank you.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
A real 80cc motorcycle pipe (like this) will double your power on a properly built engine.

Basically, your 4HP engine will jump to 8HP (if you know how to build & properly tune it).

Attachments

Last edited:

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
I do believe it is worse than the stock muffler. I don't mind fabricating an exhaust for one of my bikes but this one is a buddies bike and I really don't feel like running around getting stuff welded up for him. I already helped him put the engine Kit on and do a bunch of other stuff. He's going to have to figure it out on his own. It's for one of those Schwinn OCC choppers.
Thanks a lot for the input.
Hey Venice motorbikes where do you get an exhaust like that? I know you have to cut and weld but what do you start with ?
I have used that voodoo exhaust on another bike for my brother and it works pretty darn good. I have also used a banana pipe that I got from I don't remember where but it had a 4 inch section of header with a silencer on the tip and I am happy with that one too. But I am very new to the game and I'm sure there is much better. I just recently ordered one of those pipes from MZB Miami, I just hope it's not too loud because I don't like to be annoying around the neighborhood but if it is they will just have to live with it :0

Last edited:

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
Thanks for the info Venice MB. I have heard of that SBP pipe as well. I will have to give it a try.
I wish I would ask questions first before buying. Patience....
That flex pipe I got is real garbage. Hopefully someone else reads this before buying.

chmn22s

Jun 8, 2017
I got one of these from bikeberry and was not happy! the hose inside diam was actually smaller than the stock pipe!. it was ok on bottom end, but once my 49cc engine reached 4000rpm, it killed power and wouldn't rev out near as high.
pure trash for any 49 or 66cc! if I knew of this forum before buying parts i'd've saved lots of money! BB even resells these for about $75. I see them on ebay for 49