Upgrade question

GoldenMotor.com

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
I recently upgraded my carburator which included a small boost bottle and also upgraded my exhaust to F2 thruster! It's starts up much easier, idles better (i think I need to adjust it though) and takes of a bit faster! But still only max out at 25mph! Thought it should have added much more top end speed!??? Any thoughts! This all new to me! Only my 2nd build! And have just been hitting up amazon as I go for better parts!

Reactions: indian22

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
just adding a pipe wont do much. if you want speed, you need the gearing for it, or you can jackshaft it ( 46mph is my top speed so far, customized torque build jackshafted mountian bike). you can port for higher rpms, etc, lots of work goes in to making a screamer. that's the best part, building a monster to brag about.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I recently upgraded my carburator which included a small boost bottle and also upgraded my exhaust to F2 thruster! It's starts up much easier, idles better (i think I need to adjust it though) and takes of a bit faster! But still only max out at 25mph! Thought it should have added much more top end speed!??? Any thoughts! This all new to me! Only my 2nd build! And have just been hitting up amazon as I go for better parts!
This all new to me!
Hello Derek, Welcome to the forum!
Is this your primary mode of transportation.
1. New Hobby just pleasure riding?
2. Are you going to Race?
3. Back and forth to work?
4. What are you expecting out of your bike?
I too run the F2Thruster, Loud but works very well! Love that it automatically kicks into play when under load. What carb did you upgrade to? The Boost bottle is a gimmick from what I understand from others. Unless you have lots of disposable income and a high tolerance for frustration - the focus should be safety and reliability. After that consider the go fast stuff. I also am inclined to remind you this is a bicycle not a dealer bought tried and true street bike.
Now that is behind us. The chase for top end speed always ends in a short lived motor. You Know "A flame that burns twice as bright lasts half as long" (a quote from a favorite movie which applies to these motors)

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
Welcome to the forum, if you can give a little more information on the engine we can give better help.
Actually I was hoping for some insight on top speed!? It's not my main concern but if form what ive read is any indicator I'm doing something WRONG! Which would be people average speed of anywhere from 37-45mph and above with less upgrades than myself! My top speed is ONLY 30MPH: I have a 80cc Seeutek engine(not the best I'm aware)
Upgrades include:
:intake manifold
:Carburator
:boost Bootle
:F2 thruster exhaust
:36t sprocket/hub mounted adapter
:NGK spark plug
:New fuel filter
I JUST ASSUMED AFTER BOUT 150$ IN UPGRADES MY TOP END SPEED SHOULD BE WELL OVER 30MPH?? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
This all new to me!
I too run the F2Thruster, Loud but works very well! Love that it automatically kicks into play when under load. What carb did you upgrade to? The Boost bottle is a gimmick from what I understand from others. Unless you have lots of disposable income and a high tolerance for frustration - the focus should be safety and reliability. After that consider the go fast stuff. I also am inclined to remind you this is a bicycle not a dealer bought tried and true street bike.
Now that is behind us. The chase for top end speed always ends in a short lived motor. You Know "A flame that burns twice as bright lasts half as long" (a quote from a favorite movie which applies to these motors)
NEW HOBBY WHICH HAS TURNED INTO A MUCH CHEAPER BACK AND FORTH TO WORK CONSIDERING IM ONLY MAYBE 2MILES ROUND TRIP

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
NEW HOBBY WHICH HAS TURNED INTO A MUCH CHEAPER BACK AND FORTH TO WORK CONSIDERING IM ONLY MAYBE 2MILES ROUND TRIP
I completely understand!! Main reason for the new hub adapter was for safety reasons! It also made the bike run much smoother! Like I said speed is definitely not my top priority! Honestly I'd say a well running engine that's reliable and obviously id like it to look nice...who wouldn't! Haha! The carb is actually a better version than the stock but till cheap....nightiger or something I think??

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
This all new to me!
Thank you for the advice

Derekwc

Sep 11, 2019
just adding a pipe wont do much. if you want speed, you need the gearing for it, or you can jackshaft it ( 46mph is my top speed so far, customized torque build jackshafted mountian bike). you can port for higher rpms, etc, lots of work goes in to making a screamer. that's the best part, building a monster to brag about.
Thank you! Cause I wouldn't of know that! Trying to learn as I go!

Reactions: Jimmy Bloodmaker

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I would wait a while before doing anything more, The motor gets stronger as miles accumulate. oh by the way - just by adding this pipe you will get something Big Time! You made an Excellent choice. I encourage others to watch this review. Can't beat this proven performance boost.
And Please remember - If you dead on a pothole 1 inch deep at 25 mph you WILL get hurt...and wreck a wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Bloodmaker

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
This all new to me!

boost bottle aren't a gimmick. they do work if installed correctly. they are for low end only though. maybe a slight bit of mid range, but mainly for the bottom end. they mimic a longer intake and allow for a tiny bit more time for the fuel to atomize better. are they some magical piece, nope, and there are downsides to using them too. like per example, the idle will take a few seconds to settle after moving the throttle and backing off it. it makes it sound like you have an air leak, but really it is because the mimicking of the longer intake , the signal takes a few seconds to register and burn off the extra charge in the boost bottle / longer intake. the advantage over a longer intake is they do not resonate like a longer intake at high rpms, thus allowing the engine to produce power up high with out the negative effect of a longer intake.

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
Actually I was hoping for some insight on top speed!? It's not my main concern but if form what ive read is any indicator I'm doing something WRONG! Which would be people average speed of anywhere from 37-45mph and above with less upgrades than myself! My top speed is ONLY 30MPH: I have a 80cc Seeutek engine(not the best I'm aware)
Upgrades include:
:intake manifold
:Carburator
:boost Bootle
:F2 thruster exhaust
:36t sprocket/hub mounted adapter
:NGK spark plug
:New fuel filter
I JUST ASSUMED AFTER BOUT 150$ IN UPGRADES MY TOP END SPEED SHOULD BE WELL OVER 30MPH?? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

sounds like your jetting is to lean/rich or you have to small a rear sprocket. easiest way to set the jet with out riding it ( after riding fine tune the jetting, but this will get you with in 2 sizes) is to set it like a chain saw. after start up, let it warm up a bit, not much these usally warm up fast unless you are running way to rich. a minute or so is usually sufficient. now grab the throttle and slam it all the way back. does your engine rev to the moon and have a metallic sound for an exhaust note? if so, your bike is running lean. if it revs up, then just stops reving any higher and sputters ( 4 strokes), then you are close. i've used the same kit you have, they send fat jets usually. also as they said above, these engines get better after break in ( 100-200 miles). the kit you have is really nice for making a low end grunter. long stroke makes for great torque. stop buying all those fancy upgrades until you get a set of jets, find the right one ( it will change as it breaks in, so it's why i say a whole #60-80 jet kit, also nice to have when you start modding). make sure the engine runs good, then you mod it one piece at a time. this allows you to see if it worked, and to tune it in for the mod and prepare for the next. doing to much at once and you don't know what is causing the trouble.